Choosing a POS system is anything but stress-free.
There are hundreds of POS systems at your disposal that offer a wide variety of features at varying prices. It can be overwhelming. But not all systems are created equal. To make your buying process easier, we’ve picked the brains of leading industry experts with one goal in mind: to help you make an informed and educated decision. Have a read below to see why leading industry experts recommend POS systems — including a few tips and tricks of the trade.
Cash Flow and Operations
1. Brandon Hull, founder of NextRestaurants — a blog that covers innovative restaurant marketing ideas and technology trends — believes that POS systems can play a significant role in streamlining your taxes.
“If you want to avoid the all-seeing eye of the IRS scrutinizing your restaurant, be meticulous with how you track things such as employee tips within your POS.”
2. The founder and publisher of Retail Minded, Nicole Leinbach Reyhle, says that choosing a POS system that makes your store operations easier is essential.
“From tracking sales to monitoring employees to running necessary store reports, iPad-based POS software delivers dynamic features that can be managed from the cloud.”
3. Jeanna Barrett, head of inbound and content marketing at Kabbage, an online platform that loans small businesses cash when they need it, stresses the importance of a POS system for your profits.
“For retail businesses, POS systems are a great way to get a full picture of your cash flow and business health.”
4. Ramon Ray, founder of Small Biz Technology, agrees that POS systems are an integral part of a business’ health.
“While cash registers are pretty much large calculators, POS systems provide real-time inventory management, built-in loyalty options for customers, and can easily grow with a business.”
Keeping Up with Technology
5. Greg Burch, VP of strategic initiatives U.S. with Ingenico Group — makers of payment hardware — believes that staying up to date with the latest payment technology is necessary for any small business owner, and can be done via the adoption of a POS system.
“It’s crucial for small retailers to keep their payment technology up to date both to ensure security and to let customers pay the way they want to pay.”
6. Justin Guinn, a market researcher with Software Advice — one of the most reliable resources on small business software on the web — says POS systems can give a struggling SMB the jumpstart it needs.
“POS systems can rejuvenate a business by eliminating and/or automating previously tedious tasks. This frees up users to spend more time training employees or interacting with customers and building relationships.”
7. Jaci Russo, CEO and co-founder of Razor Branding — an outstanding resource for any small business looking to improve upon (or start defining) its brand — believes the key to building your brand is about making customers feel good, and a POS can help.
“Your brand is the emotional connection that your customers have with your business. Make sure you are giving them something that makes them feel good about you.”
8. Rich Kizer, co-founder of “Kizer and Bender” Retail Adventures — an exceptional blog that highlights an impressive expertise on retail trends — see customer care, with the help of a POS, as integral to the success of any business.
“In today’s 24-hour world, merchants expect and should receive the same kind of service of customer care that they are expected to deliver every day.”
If the expertise of these industry experts has gotten you excited about choosing (or upgrading) your POS system, there’s good news — we’ve got tons more valuable insight on choosing a POS system for your business. If this post has wet your appetite, you’ll love our Ultimate Guide to Choosing a POS System.
Have feedback or additional questions? We want to hear from you. Leave us a comment below or tweet us @ShopKeep.