Before You Start
To ensure your system seamlessly handles Serverless Sync, we highly recommend that you follow these 4 steps:
1. Update all registers to the latest version of ShopKeep.
Serverless Sync requires your iPads run version 2.6.2 or later of ShopKeep. All registers must be on the same version for it to work.
2. Use the latest iPad hardware available from Apple.
In some high-volume environments, iPad 4’s (and earlier devices, including the iPad Mini) may experience significant issues. This may include checks not syncing, serious register lag, and speed issues. For best performance, use iPad Airs or later for all of your registers.
3. Set up a dedicated WiFi router/access point.
- Don’t use shared or “public” Wi-Fi networks (like in a mall or government building).
- Instead, set up a dedicated wireless network for your registers.
- Don’t use a combination modem/router device.
- If you have one of these, put it in “bridge” mode and connect it to a dedicated router.
- Ensure that all of your ShopKeep registers are within 30 feet of your Wi-Fi router or access point.
- Do not use Wi-Fi repeaters or range extenders.
- Ensure there is sufficient wireless signal strength to reach all of your ShopKeep Registers.
- If you use multiple Wi-Fi access points, each must be on the same subnet. Contact your ISP or IT team for assistance.
4. Operate no more than 4 registers in one location with Serverless Sync.
This is our recommendation, but not a specific requirement. With more that four registers, you run the risk of more difficult troubleshooting and increased syncing / networking issues.
Set Up Serverless Sync
Serverless Sync runs seamlessly in the background for all of your registers. Get started with a few simple steps.
First, turn on Serverless Sync in BackOffice.
1 Click Settings. Then, General.
2 Check the Enable box, press I’m ready! to confirm, then click Save.
3 Click Settings. Then, Register Licenses.
4 Give each register a name to help you identify it. Then, Update.
With the back end set up, prepare your iPad registers to use Serverless Sync
1 Open the iPad’s Settings app. Tap WiFi.
2 Make sure each register is connected to the same WiFi network.
3 In Settings, press General and set Auto-Lock to Never.
Using Serverless Sync
Serverless Sync shares all your saved checks across your iPads. You can Split, Merge, and Transfer Checks as usual.
1 Sign in to your registers as a Manager.
2 Tap Get Updates (on all registers) to enable Serverless Sync.
Register List now appears under Diagnostics. Here, you can see all the registers sharing check information.
Troubleshooting Serverless Sync
If you get errors while managing checks, here are some solutions.
Check Not Found
You see this when the check is on another iPad, and that iPad is not in sync.
- Make sure all iPads are running ShopKeep (on screen and active).
- Check that all your iPads are on the same WiFi.