ShopKeep and Apple Pay
Table of Contents
What is Apple Pay?
How to Use Apple Pay
Apple Pay transactions are processed through your merchant services provider, just like credit card sales. If your MSP supports it, so can your business.
- Have a representative fill out our boarding form .
Already have processing? Check with your provider to see if you’re able to accept Apple Pay.
Current processing platforms accepting Apple Pay with ShopKeep:
First Data Nashville
First Data North
First Data Omaha
- Set up the Ingenico ICMP or iPP320 credit card reader (purchase either here).
- Make sure you're running an updated version of ShopKeep (2.5.2 or later).
How Customers use Apple Pay
Customers using Apple Pay will have it configured on their device beforehand. Accepting it at the register is even simpler.
- Customers need to add a credit or debit card to Wallet first.
- Select 'Credit' when ringing up a sale.
- Have the customer hold their device within 1″ of the credit card reader when ShopKeep displays “Swipe or Tap Card”.
Apple’s Wallet app will open automatically, allowing the customer to select which of their cards to use.
- The customer’s iPhone will prompt them to scan their fingerprint (or code unlock) to approve the sale.