To improve your experience, we’d love your feedback on how and why you use the Support Site!
TAKE THE SHOPKEEP SUPPORT SITE SURVEY NOW>>
Add customers at the register or in BackOffice to begin emailing receipts, tracking purchase history, and more.
Table of Contents
Manage Customers at the Register
Tag customers to sales, add new customer info, and modify existing customers while they are in store making a purchase. Check out our FAQ for answers to common questions that come up when managing customers.
Associate an existing customer with a sale before or as it is rung up. This links them to their purchase and makes emailing receipts quicker if they have an address on file.
- Tap 'Select Customer' at the top of the running total.
- Choose a customer from the list.
- (optional) Tap 'Email Receipt' to send a receipt to the customer’s email after completing the sale.
After running some sales, visit the BackOffice Sales by Customer Report to see your top customers, what they purchased, and who hasn’t visited in awhile.
Need to add a new customer? Capture their info in seconds at any point during the sale.
- Tap the '+' in the top right of the running total.
- Enter the new customer’s info and tap 'Done'.
Provide at least a first/last name or email address.
With an active internet connection, the new customer syncs to BackOffice for record keeping.Track how your Customer List grows over time with the Marketing Dashboard in BackOffice. Visit this support article for more information.
Modify a customer’s info right at the register to keep the business’s records up to date.
- Tap the ⓘ next to a customer.
- Add/edit/delete information as needed.
- Tap 'Done'.
Customer info updated at the register syncs to BackOffice when there is an active internet connection.
Access a customer’s transaction history from the iPad register to easily process returns, re-print receipts, and keep track of what your customers are buying.
- On the control panel, tap 'History / Returns'.
- Tap the arrow, then 'Customers' to search through your customer list.
Enter customer contact information (name, email, or phone number) in the search bar to filter through your customer list.
- Tap the customer’s name to view their transaction history.
All transactions tagged to the customer from present and past shifts display in the transaction history.
- (optional) Tap any transaction to either process a return or re-print their receipt.
BackOffice Customer Management
Add, edit, or delete customers through BackOffice when away from the register.
- In BackOffice, tap 'Marketing' and then 'Customer List'.
- Select 'Add Customer' to add someone new or choose an existing customer from the list to edit.
The Customer List displays your 20 most recent added customers.
- Enter the customer’s information.
At minimum, there must be a first name, last name, or email entered.
- Tap 'Save' to finish up.
Remember to Get Updates to sync the new customer to the iPad register.
Need to view the entire customer list? Check out our Troubleshooting Guide for some solutions.
When it comes to reporting, you can view a single customer’s purchase history from the Customer List or run a report that displays all of your top customers.
If you send email receipts, you can also see how customers interact with the links on those receipts. Visit our Marketing Dashboard article to learn how.
Customer Purchase History
Look up a customer’s purchase history to see how much they spent, what they bought, and more details on their activity at your business.
- In BackOffice, click 'Marketing' and select 'Customer List'.
- Select a customer.
- Click 'Item Purchase History'.
This shows the customer’s entire history, complete with totals and the individual items they bought.
Sales by Customer
Run the Sales by Customer report for an overview of what each customer bought over a period of time.
- Click 'Analytics' and select 'Customers'.
- Click the Date icon, choose a preset or custom range, and press 'Retrieve'.
This report displays your top customers along with a table that provides additional detail on their sales.
Visit the full Sales by Customer Report article to learn how to read, filter, and export this report.