To improve your experience, we’d love your feedback on how and why you use the Support Site!
TAKE THE SHOPKEEP SUPPORT SITE SURVEY NOW>>
Best Practices for iPads & iPad Enclosures
Learn how to take the best care of your iPad and iPad enclosure with this guide.
Table of Contents
Follow our tips to take care of your iPad so it lasts for years to come. Are you running into issues while using your iPad? Check out our Troubleshooting Guide for solutions to common problems.
- Use an enclosure with your iPad to avoid scratches and abrasions.
- Before cleaning the iPad, unplug all cables and power it off.
- Wipe the iPad’s screen with a soft, dry cloth to remove excess oils left by users’ hands.
- Avoid overcharging your iPad.
Overcharging can reduce battery life. Charge the iPad only when needed and do not keep it continuously connected to power.
- If cables and ports do not easily join, they probably don’t match.
DO NOT force them together, rather try the other end or another cable.
- Never open the iPad in an attempt to repair it yourself.
Disassembling the iPad voids its warranty.
- If you have issues with your iPad, visit our troubleshooting guide first.
If you don’t see your issue listed, contact Apple Support.
- Purchase the AppleCare+ Protection Plan when buying an iPad from the ShopKeep Store to extend its warranty from 90 days to 2 years.
- Keep your iPad up-to-date with the latest supported versions of ShopKeep and iOS.
Freeform Wooden Stand
This 100% wooden stand is a beautiful and functional addition to your countertop.
- If you need help putting your stand together for the first time, visit our setup guide.
- Clean your iPad with a dust-free cloth before inserting it into the stand.
- Keep the Freeform Stand dry.
If it gets wet, wipe it down with a soft, dry cloth immediately.
- Set up the stand away from extreme temperatures.
- If you have problems with your stand, visit our Freeform Troubleshooting guide for help.
Simplicity iPad Enclosure
The Simplicity iPad Enclosure is a sturdy and durable solution for storing your iPad.
- If you need help setting up your Simplicity Enclosure, visit our setup guide.
- Wipe your iPad with a dust free cloth before inserting it into the enclosure to prevent scratches.
- To clean the enclosure, wipe it down with a damp cloth.
- If you have problems with your stand, visit our Simplicity Troubleshooting guide for help.
WindFall iPad Stand
Durable and sleek, the Windfall securely holds an iPad and does not take up much countertop space.
- Just received your WindFall? Visit our setup guide for help setting it up.
- Do not flip the stand for customers to sign the iPad screen.
Instead, rotate the stand using the PivotTable.
- If you have problems with your stand, visit our WindFall Troubleshooting guide for help.
Blackbelt Rugged Handheld Case
Use the Blackbelt to prop an iPad up on a counter or use the strap to walk around with it. This case has a rubber layer that shields the iPad from damage if dropped.
- Make sure your iPad is dust-free before inserting it into the case to prevent scratching.
Windfall iPad Frame
This mountable frame securely stores your iPad. Use it to position your ShopKeep register on a wall or mount.
- Wipe your iPad with a dust-free cloth before inserting it into the frame.
i7 iPad Handheld Enclosure
Carry your register around your business in this lightweight portable enclosure.
- Clean your iPad with a dust-free cloth before inserting it into the enclosure.
Do you have more questions? Check out our FAQs!