To improve your experience, we’d love your feedback on how and why you use the Support Site!
Bluetooth Receipt Printer Setup
Pair the 650II Bluetooth receipt printer wirelessly with an iPad to get started printing receipts. Connect a cash drawer to the printer so it pops open automatically when a cash transaction is run.
Table of Contents
In the Box
Here’s what you should see upon receiving your tsp 650II Bluetooth receipt printer.
Follow along below to properly setup and pair your printer with the iPad, connect your cash drawer, and connect your printer in ShopKeep.
Pair the Printer
- Plug the power cable into the right most port on the back of the printer.
- Pull back the switch to open the cover, load the paper, and close the cover.
Paper must be loaded underhand (paper feeding from underneath the roll) as shown below.
- Plug the power cable into an outlet and flip the power switch to turn on the printer.
- Hold the PAIR button for 5-10 seconds until the green LED light blinks. Then, release.
- On the iPad, open Settings and tap ‘Bluetooth’.
- If Bluetooth is off, toggle the switch to turn it on (GREEN).
- Under ‘Other Devices’, tap ‘Star Micronics’ and wait for its status to change to ‘Connected’.
The printer’s indicator light should turn solid blue when successfully connected and paired.
Connect the Cash Drawer
Connecting the cash drawer to the receipt printer takes just a couple quick steps.
- Plug the cash drawer cable (small head) into the printer’s DK port.
- Plug the other end (larger head) into the bottom of the cash drawer.
Link with ShopKeep
After pairing with the iPad, let’s connect the printer to ShopKeep so receipts can be sent to the printer.
- In ShopKeep, choose ‘Hardware Setup’ from the Control Panel.
- Tap ‘Printer Setup’.
- When the printer appears under ‘Receipt Printers’, tap the switch to toggle it on.
Switches can be toggled ‘on’ or ‘off’ at each register to change which printer is connected to which register.
- (Optional) Tap ‘Test Print’ to confirm that the printer is ready and working.