First Data FD130 Credit Card Terminal Setup
The First Data FD130 Credit Card Terminal is a fast and reliable option for processing credit card transactions.
IMPORTANT: This ShopKeep Payments device is an external device and does not integrate with ShopKeep. This device is only available to ShopKeep Payments merchants.
Table of Contents
What's in the Box
Setup for the terminal is quick and can be done in a few easy steps.
- Remove the back cover to access all ports.
- Plug an ethernet cable into the LAN port OR the phone cable into the port with the telephone icon.
*Ethernet is recommended for faster terminal speed.
- Attach the two parts of the power cable.
- Plug the power cable into the adapter port and replace the back cover.
- Plug the other end of the ethernet cable into a router, OR the phone line into a wall jack.
The telephone cable needs to be connected to an analog wall jack. It should use a dedicated line that is not shared with other devices.
- Lift the hatch on the front to open the paper tray.
- Drop and load the receipt paper, with the lead on the bottom.
- Close the lid on the paper.
- Plug the power cable into a wall outlet to power on.
- The terminal is ready to process cards when it reaches the 'Swipe or Insert Card' screen.
Attaching Privacy Guard
Apply the optional privacy guard to shield customers as they enter PIN information.
- Align the notches on the bottom of the terminal. Press down on the top of the guard to snap it into place.
FD35 PIN Pad Installation
Begin a sale on the FD130 and finish it by processing payment through this optional customer-facing device. Customers can swipe/tap/insert their card and enter a PIN without reaching for the main terminal.
IMPORTANT: The FD130 terminal must be unplugged from power before connecting or disconnecting the PIN pad. Failure to do so will result in damage to the PIN pad.
- Remove the terminal's back cover and unplug the power cable.
- Connect the PIN pad cable to a black USB port on the terminal.
- Reconnect the terminal's power cable and replace the back cover.
The PIN pad powers on and displays a status message when ready to use.