Inventory Tracking & Reorder Report
Track the quantity on hand (QoH) of your inventory items. Generate a reorder report that displays items you’re running low on, so you can efficiently reorder from your suppliers.
Table of Contents
Setting Order Trigger and Recommended Order
Set an Order Trigger and Recommended Order value to help determine when you’re running low.
The low-quantity alert. When an item’s QoH reaches this number, it will appear in the Reorder Report.
This number serves as a reminder in the Reorder Report of how many units should be on hand at full stock.
- From the BackOffice, choose 'Items', then 'Item List'.
- Select an existing item to edit, or add a new item.
- Click the 'Additional Details' tab.
- Enter a value for 'Order Trigger' and 'Recommended Order'.
- Click 'OK' to save your changes.
Quantity on Hand History
You can see when any item was sold, returned, received, or adjusted within ShopKeep by viewing the QoH History for that item (if Inventory Method for the item is set to ‘tracked’).
Receiving events display an Adjustment Reason of “[per-unit cost of received items] / item”.
- From the BackOffice, choose 'Items' and 'Item List'.
- Choose any item from the list.
- Click the QoH History link.
- Select a week-range to view from the pulldown.
Your item’s history of additions or removals will be generated for that specific range.
Generating a Reorder Report
The Inventory Reorder Report is populated by items with a Quantity on Hand that is less than or equal to their Order Trigger. Use this report to know which items to reorder from your suppliers.
- Choose 'Analytics' from the sidebar.
- Under Inventory, click 'Reorder Report'.
Below is a sample Reorder Report. Toggle between Stock Items and Raw Goods to see what needs to be ordered. Sort in ascending or descending order by clicking one of the column headers.
‘Cost’ displays the current average cost and ‘Last Cost’ shows the per-unit cost at the last receiving event. If an item does not have an average cost or last cost, the current cost displays. If you do not want to use weighted average cost, follow the steps here to disable the feature.
Download a spreadsheet copy to your computer. Viewable in any spreadsheet software.