Best Practices for ShopKeep Apps
The point of sale system is one of the most important parts of a business. Keep ShopKeep Register and ShopKeep Pocket running efficiently by updating each as needed and following the other best practices below.
Table of Contents
- ShopKeep Register App
- Supported Versions
- How to Check Your Version
- ShopKeep Pocket App
- Supported Versions
- How to Check iOS App Version
- How to Check Your Version for Android
- Recommended iPad Settings
- Automatic Updates
- Ask to Join Networks
- iPad and iOS
- Supported Models / Versions
- How to Check Your Model / Version
ShopKeep Register App
ShopKeep delivers new features, bug fixes, and more reliable performance with each update to our Register App. For the best possible experience, follow our directions to update your ShopKeep Register whenever a new version is released.
Do not delete the app unless asked to by a Customer Care Advisor. You may run the risk of permanently deleting register data by deleting the app or without properly deactivating your register.
How to Check Your Version
- Sign in as a manager & tap the menu icon.
- Scroll down and press 'Overview'.
- Look next to ShopKeep Register Version.
ShopKeep Pocket App
As with the ShopKeep Register App, it’s always best to update ShopKeep Pocket for iOS and Android when a new version is available. That way, you’re sure to receive the newest features and most reliable app performance.
If you’re running v3.0.8, we strongly recommend that you update soon to the latest version.
If you’re running v3.0.7, v3.0.6, v3.0.4, v3.0.2, or v3.0.0, your app will no longer be supported as these versions have been deprecated.
Not sure which version of iOS you have? Follow the steps in the “How to Check Your Model / Version” section at the end of this article.
How to Check iOS App Version
- Open 'Settings'.
- Choose 'General'.
- Tap 'Storage & iCloud Usage'.
- Select 'Storage' and tap 'Manage Storage'.
- Find and tap on 'Pocket'.
- Look for the version number.
How to Check Your Version for Android
- Tap the Apps icon on your home screen.
- Tap the Settings app.
- Tap 'Applications', then 'Application Manager'.
- Tap 'PocketAndroid'.
- Locate the app version below the app name.
Recommended iPad Settings
For the ShopKeep Register App to run most effectively, you should configure the following settings on your iPad. All of them can be found inside the Settings application.
Disable Automatic Updates to keep the iPad from installing app updates on its own. This puts you in control of when to update ShopKeep which ensures minimal disruption to your business day.
- Scroll down & tap iTunes & App Store.
- Tap to toggle 'Updates' off.
Auto-Lock puts your iPad to sleep after a preset amount of time. Set Auto-Lock to Never so your register’s screen remains on and active throughout every transaction.
- Tap 'Display & Brightness'.
- Press 'Auto-Lock'.
- Choose 'Never'.
Ask to Join Networks
This setting stops the iPad from disconnecting from your Wi-Fi and automatically joining other nearby networks. If the iPad leaves the business’s Wi-Fi, it can no longer communicate with ethernet printers or credit card readers on that network.
- Tap 'Wi-Fi'.
- At the bottom, toggle on 'Ask to Join Networks'.
iPad and iOS
ShopKeep builds for the future by utilizing the newest iPad hardware and iOS software updates. To keep your ShopKeep Register running smoothly, follow the additional recommendations below.
Supported Models / Versions
ShopKeep also operates effectively on the iPad Pro, first-generation iPad Air, or iPad Mini 2.
If using the iPad Pro, you must update to ShopKeep v2.9.2 or above.
ShopKeep will run on an iPad 2/3/4 or first-generation iPad Mini, but expect to see increased performance issues, especially in high-volume environments.
ShopKeep is not supported on the first generation iPad or Android devices.
ShopKeep is no longer supported on iOS 7 and below.
Visit the Update iOS article for help updating to the latest version of iOS.
How to Check Your Model / Version
- Remove your iPad from its stand / enclosure.
- Check the back for a 5 character model number beginning with the letter 'A'.
- Look up your model number on Apple’s support site.
- Open 'Settings'.
- Press 'General'.
- Tap 'About'.
- Look at the number next to 'Version'.