Pay Ins & Payouts
Perform a pay in or payout to balance the cash drawer if you need to add or remove money from the cash drawer while the shift is open. Select specific payout options like Safe Drop, Buy Inventory, or Non-Cash Gratuity and enter comments for each pay in/payout processed for a more detailed BackOffice report.
Table of Contents
Make a Pay In / Payout
Perform a pay in whenever you need to add cash to the drawer. Payouts are for when you have to remove cash from the drawer.
- Sign into ShopKeep as a manager.
- Tap the menu icon and choose 'Pay In / Payout'.
- Select a type of pay in or payout.
- Safe Drop is for making cash deposits from the till into a safe or bank.
- Payout is for any general reason for removing cash from the drawer.
- Pay In is used when you need to add money to the drawer.
- Buy Inventory is for using money from the drawer to purchase supplies or ingredients.
- Non-Cash Gratuity is for paying out employee credit card gratuity from the till.
- Enter an amount for the pay in / payout and press 'Continue'.
- Enter a comment (optional) and tap 'Done'.
- Tap 'No Sale' on the Control Panel to open the drawer and add / remove cash.
Pay In / Payout Reporting
- Click 'Analytics' and select 'Pay ins and Payouts'.
- Pick a date range and press 'Retrieve'.
The Pay Ins and Payouts report shows amounts, comments, and more for each of these register actions.