Tip Later with ShopKeep
Simplify your sales when customers leave a tip on a receipt for cashiers to run whenever.
Table of Contents
Enable Paper Receipts
Tip Later is available only when your customers sign (and tip) on a paper receipt.
- Visit your BackOffice Register Settings.
- Change Tips and Signature to paper receipt.
- Click 'Save' to confirm your changes.
Customers will sign the paper receipt, leave a tip, and cashiers can enter that in when they ring up the sale.
Pay Now, Tip Later
After customers place their order, just Tip Later and come back to the sale when the customer is ready.
- Ring up a sale as usual.
Tag a customer to the sale to speed things up, this feature works with cash, credit, and selected tenders.
- At the tip screen, choose 'Adjust Tip Later'.
- Save the check to ring up later.
- Tap 'Checks' on your control panel.
- Tap the check marked 'Awaiting Tip'.
- Back on the tip screen, add in the amount left on the customer's receipt and 'Charge'
All done! You can email or print a final receipt like any other sale.