Sales by Item
Retrieve, filter, sort, export, and print sales information for items over a period of time.
Table of Contents
Running the Report
From BackOffice, run the Sales by Item report for an overview of individual item sales.
- Click 'Analytics' and select 'Sales Reports' from the menu.
- Click the dropdown and select 'Item'.
- To change the default view, click the date icon and choose a preset or custom range, then click 'Retrieve'.
Reading the Report
Learn how to analyze the Sales by Item report to maximize its data to benefit your business.
The bar charts display the top 10 items sold and the top 10 in total sales amount.
The Table View provides more detailed information about sold items.
Sort the table by clicking any column header with arrows.
Quantity Sold | Total number of the item that was sold.
Sales Total | Total sales amount before discounts, returns, gratuity, and tax.
Quantity Returned | Total number of the item that was returned.
Returns Total | Total amount refunded before tax, gratuity, and discounts.
Costs | Cost of all sold items minus the cost of the returned items.
Discounts | Discounts on all sold items minus discounts on returns.
Margin | Percentage of revenue left after accounting for cost and discounts.
Gross Profit | This value is calculated by subtracting Cost from Net Sales.
Net Sales | Sales Total, minus Returns Total, and minus Discounts.
Modifiers and items with variants are indicated by underlined names.
Click a row to see details on the modifiers or variants.
Example of an item with modifiers:
Example of an item with variants:
Filtering the Table View
Use the filter tool to hide items or columns you do not want to see.
- Click 'Filter'.
- To hide an item, search for it and uncheck the box. To show the item again, recheck the box.
Use Select All or Clear to show or hide all items at once.
- To hide a table column, click 'Show/Hide Columns' and uncheck a box.
To show a column, recheck the box.
Exporting the Report
Download copies of sales by item, variants, and modifiers from the Export Center to analyze the data using spreadsheet software.
- Click 'Export' and select 'Sales by Item', 'Variants', or 'Modifiers'.
Sale by Item | Sales information for every item sold over the time period. See sample report.
Variants | Shows all items sold while displaying details for individual variants. See sample report.
Modifiers | Displays a breakdown of modifier usage for items with modifiers. See sample report.
- Click 'OK' to continue working while the report is prepared.
- Click 'Export Center' from the menu.
- When the status of the report is 'Ready', click the icon to download the data.
Printing the Report
Use the Print feature to optimize the report to print from any printer connected to your computer.
- Click 'Print'.
- Wait for the report to open in a new tab in your browser.
- Select 'File' from your browser’s menu and choose 'Print'.