This page focuses on solving issues related to the reporting in the Analytics section of BackOffice.
Table of Contents
- Register Activity & Inventory Report Issues
Often, discrepancies occur when transactions stop syncing. This usually indicates a problem with the iPad’s internet connection.
1 On the iPad, go to the Diagnostics Overview on the Control Panel.
2 Note the number of items next to Request Queue. Tap Force Get Updates.
Click here if ShopKeep successfully syncs with BackOffice.
3 Wait 10 minutes and check the Request Queue again.
4 If the Request Queue has decreased, keep waiting until it reaches 0.
5 Check the Analytics Dashboard, it should be up to date.
Click here if ShopKeep CANNOT sync with BackOffice.
There is likely still an issue with the internet connection. After each bullet, return to step 2 and tap Force Get Updates.
- Check that the iPad is connected to the right WiFi network. If it is not, reconnect the iPad to your network.
- Try to load a website or perform another function that requires internet.
- If loading a website fails, have someone familiar with your network setup try rebooting the modem / router.
- Still unable to access the internet? Contact your internet service provider for help further assistance.
Since tax is figured on a per-transaction basis and there is rounding involved, multiplying the tax rate by total net sales may not always equal the true tax amount. Also, remember that untaxed sales increase the net sales amount, but do not contribute to total tax collected.
Net cost of goods sold is calculated based on the Cost or Assigned Cost entered for each item. If COGS looks inaccurate, one or more of your stock items probably have the wrong Cost assigned to them.
1 Run the Stock Items Export.
The Transaction Tenders export is designed to show how each transaction was paid for: cash, credit, etc. For Split Tender transactions, there are multiple payments on a single sale.
- This example shows the first few fields of an export. One row appears to be a copy of the other, but each actually represents part of the same Split Tender transaction.
- Here are the last few columns. Many fields are identical, but Amount Tendered, Change Returned, Tender Type, Card Type, and Last 4 Digits are each different. These correspond with the details of each tender on the sale.
This can happen when an iPad register is set to the wrong date, time, and/or time zone. Check and fix these settings to ensure all future transactions have the correct information.
1 Open the Settings app on the iPad.
2 Tap General on the left and Date & Time on the right.
3 If connected to the internet, turn Set Automatically on.
If the iPad is not connected to the internet, manually adjust the date, time, and time zone.
4 Verify that the date, time, and time zone are all correct.
5 Run a transaction in ShopKeep and check that it appears on the Transaction Table with the correct date and time.
If the transaction posts with the wrong date/time, follow the instructions below.
Visit the iPad’s Date & Time settings and double-check that its date, time, and time zone are correct. If transactions continue to post with the wrong date/time, then the account’s time zone may be wrong. Contact ShopKeep Customer Care at 800.820.9814 or email@example.com for further assistance.
Register Activity & Inventory Report Issues
Consult this section for help with reports contained within Register Activity and Inventory.
There are a few reasons why cash drawer variances might occur. For example:
- Money was removed without performing a drop/payout.
- Money was added without performing a pay in.
- The shift was opened or closed for the wrong amount.
- Incorrect change was given to a customer.
In trying to make sense of variances, remember that ShopKeep uses this formula to calculate the expected drawer total:
- Opening amount + cash sales – cash returns – drops/payouts
- The expected drawer is compared with the amount the shift was closed for to get the shortage/overage.
Each item’s value is calculated by multiplying its Quantity on Hand by its Cost. If the total value of your stock items seems off, some of your items may have the wrong QoH and/or Cost.
1 Export stock items and review the Cost and QoH of items.
2 Use Bulk Management to modify items as necessary.
3 Get Updates on each iPad register.
Export & Chart Issues
This sections covers situations you might run into within the Exports section or when viewing the Sales by Item/Department Charts.
‘Other’ is a combination of items/departments that represent such a small fraction of your total sales that they would be difficult to represent individually on the graph. Because of this, they are grouped together in a single slice of the pie chart.
- The Top Selling Items export (Analytics > Exports) shows every single item sold.
- The Sales by Department report (Analytics > Sales) shows every Department.