To improve your experience, we’d love your feedback on how and why you use the Support Site!
TAKE THE SHOPKEEP SUPPORT SITE SURVEY NOW>>
BackOffice Settings Troubleshooting
This guide covers issues related to the Settings section of BackOffice.
Table of Contents
- General Settings Issues
- Some settings, like Receipts, are missing from the menu.
- I changed some settings, but the changes did not affect my register.
- Store Settings Issues
- Prices do not appear on labels I print from BackOffice.
- "We couldn't find a store with that name"
- "Email or password incorrect"
- "Sorry. There's been an error linking your stores"
General Settings Issues
In this section, learn how to resolve some common problems that apply to all BackOffice settings.
Some settings, like Receipts, are missing from the menu.
Certain settings are only visible to the business owner. Sign in as the business owner to view the full menu. If you believe you are already signed in as the business owner, try changing your password.
I changed some settings, but the changes did not affect my register.
Whenever you adjust a setting, get updates on the iPad to sync those changes to your register.
- Tap 'Get Updates' on the Control Panel.
Store Settings Issues
This section shows you how to solve issues related to the Store Settings section.
Prices do not appear on labels I print from BackOffice.
Just change one setting to set the item price to print on BackOffice labels.
- Click 'Settings' and select 'Label Printing'.
- Change 'Print Price on Label' to 'Yes' and click 'Update'.
"We couldn't find a store with that name"
If you see this error when linking locations, it means that the ‘Store Name’ is spelled wrong. Double check the spelling and make sure it is entered lowercase and as one word.
"Email or password incorrect"
If you get this error when linking locations, make sure you are entering the business owner login for the store you want to link. Remember that your password is case-sensitive, so upper and lowercase letters do make a difference.
"Sorry. There's been an error linking your stores"
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this problem. After each step, check to see if the issue was resolved.
- Check your internet connection and refresh the page.
- Log out of BackOffice and log back in.
- Contact Customer Care if the issue persists.