To improve your experience, we’d love your feedback on how and why you use the Support Site!
TAKE THE SHOPKEEP SUPPORT SITE SURVEY NOW>>
iPad Login / Access Troubleshooting
This page offers solutions to problems you could encounter while trying to login/access the iPad or the ShopKeep app itself.
Table of Contents
- iPad Login / Access Issues
- My iPad went to sleep and now I can’t unlock it. The screen just shakes when I enter my passcode.
- ShopKeep App Login / Access Issues
- I entered my register code, but I can’t sign in or clock in.
- I signed into the register, but some features are missing.
- My app keeps crashing when trying to sign in.
- I accidentally deleted the ShopKeep app from my iPad.
iPad Login / Access Issues
This section covers issues that may occur when attempting to log into and access the iPad.
My iPad went to sleep and now I can’t unlock it. The screen just shakes when I enter my passcode.
Remember, this is the code used to unlock your iPad, NOT to sign into the ShopKeep app.
If possible, verify the passcode with someone else who knows it and try again. After 6 failed attempts, your iPad will become temporarily disabled.
At this time, there is no way to recover a lost or forgotten passcode. Visit Apple’s support site for more information on how to proceed.
ShopKeep App Login / Access Issues
This section covers issues that may occur when attempting to log in to and access the ShopKeep app.
I entered my register code, but I can’t sign in or clock in.
- Re-enter your register code to rule out the possibility that it was entered incorrectly.
- Try holding down the 'Clear' button for 5-10 seconds until you see the ‘Syncing with BackOffice’ popup. Then, try signing in again.
- Have someone with BackOffice access verify your register code from the Staff List.
I signed into the register, but some features are missing.
If you find that items like No Sale and Pay In / Payout are missing from the Control Panel, it means you are signed in as a cashier. The business owner or employees with BackOffice access can change register permissions through the Staff List.
My app keeps crashing when trying to sign in.
Run through these troubleshooting steps if your app crashes.
I accidentally deleted the ShopKeep app from my iPad.
In this scenario, you must deactivate the deleted register in BackOffice, re-download the app, and reactivate the register. This is a multi-step process requiring access to both the iPad and BackOffice.
- Log in to BackOffice as the Business Owner.
- Click 'Settings' and select 'Register Licenses'.
- Click 'Deactivate' next to the register where you deleted ShopKeep.
- Review the warning and click 'Continue' to deactivate the register.
- On the iPad, download ShopKeep from the App Store.
- After the download finishes, open the ShopKeep app and activate the register.
- Set up your card reader and receipt printer in ShopKeep.
Visit our Hardware section for links to setup guides for each of these devices.