Here we’ll take a look at some common issues you may encounter with the iPad. If this is your first time using the iPad or are unfamiliar with the iPad please see Apple’s support site.
Table of Contents
- Where is…? What is…? Issues
- Where is the Home button?
- I need to plug my credit card swiper into the Lightning port. Where is that?
- How do I …? Issues
- How do I force quit the ShopKeep app?
- My iPad stand blocks the on / off and home buttons. How can I use them without removing the iPad from its stand?
Where is…? What is…? Issues
This section focuses on the physical aspects of your iPad. Learn where buttons are and their functions. For a full run down of iPad buttons check out our article here.
Where is the Home button?
The Home button is the only physical button on the front of the iPad. It takes you back to the Home screen when you press it.
I need to plug my credit card swiper into the Lightning port. Where is that?
The Lightning port is the small port on the iPad where you would normally plug in your Lightning-to-USB cable to charge the iPad.
How do I …? Issues
Here you can find issues specific to how to perform certain functions on the iPad.
How do I force quit the ShopKeep app?
Force quitting an app is typically only done when an app is unresponsive. For more information see the Apple support site.
- Quickly press the Home button twice.
- Swipe left or right to find the ShopKeep app preview.
- Swipe the ShopKeep app preview up and off the screen to close it.
My iPad stand blocks the on / off and home buttons. How can I use them without removing the iPad from its stand?
You can use Assistive Touch to mimic the iPad’s physical buttons if they are hard to reach or unresponsive. Learn more about Assistive Touch on Apple’s support site.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPad.
- Select 'General' and then 'Accessibility'.
- Scroll to Assistive Touch and turn it on.
Once enabled, you will see the button below on your screen.
Tap the button to see the full Assistive Touch menu.
- To use the Home Button, tap the Home icon.
- To use the On/Off Button, tap Device. Then, tap and hold the Lock Screen icon.
- To use the Volume Buttons, tap Device. Then, tap Volume Up or Volume Down.