This guide focuses on problems you may encounter with ShopKeep’s QuickBooks Integration. If you haven’t set up QuickBooks Integration yet, visit the QuickBooks Integration Setup support article.
Table of Contents
- Syncing Issues
- I received an email that says someone deleted an account/product/service in QuickBooks and my data stopped syncing.
- My information is not syncing to QuickBooks and I have not changed anything since setting up.
- I only see one journal entry in QuickBooks instead of two.
- My ShopKeep information posts to QuickBooks, but some things are going into the wrong accounts.
- I received an email that says there was an “authorization failure” error while posting shifts to QuickBooks Online.
- I received an email that says there was a billing problem with my QuickBooks subscription and shift syncing was turned off.
This section covers problems having to do with the synchronization between your BackOffice and QuickBooks Online.
Reactivate both deleted accounts and products/services to restore syncing to QuickBooks.
Restore Deleted Accounts
Any account used in ShopKeep’s account mapping should be active in QuickBooks.
1 In QuickBooks, click Transactions and Chart of Accounts.
2 Select the gear and check the Include inactive box.
3 Look for ShopKeep accounts marked ‘deleted’ and choose Make active.
4 Contact ShopKeep Customer Care to sync shifts that failed to post to QuickBooks.
Restore Deleted Products/Services
Products/services that should be active include: SK-RETURNS, SK-DISCOUNTS, SK-GRATUITY, and ShopKeep department names.
1 In QuickBooks, click your company name and Products and Services.
2 Select the filter button.
3 Change the status from Active to All and choose Apply.
4 Look for products/services marked ‘deleted’ and select Make active.
5 Contact ShopKeep Customer Care to sync shifts that failed to post to QuickBooks.
There are several reasons this could be happening:
- There may be an open shift. Shifts only post to QuickBooks the morning after a shift is closed. Close any shifts that are still open.
- Setup may not be complete. Go to QuickBooks settings. If setup was completed properly, you should see ‘Syncing’. If not, click ‘Connect’ or ‘Create Accounts’.
- There may be more returns than sales. Visit the BackOffice Analytics Dashboard Summary View for the date of the shift that did not post. If there is a negative value for net sales or any individual tender, the shift cannot sync. Manually enter its numbers into QuickBooks.
Have you troubleshooted these issues, but can’t resolve the problem? Contact Customer Care for further assistance.
Most times, two journal entries appear per shift: the tenders and cash drawer entries. Under certain conditions, it is normal for only one to show up.
If no sales are performed, there is nothing for the sales entry to display. If there are no drops/payouts/purchases, there is nothing for the cash drawer entry to show. In either case, only one entry is generated.
Check out the QuickBooks® Integration: Advanced Topics support article and update your account mapping. This changes which accounts receive which information and ensures that future data ends up where it should. Information that has already posted to QuickBooks must be moved manually within QuickBooks.
This error occurs when the QuickBooks Online subscription linked to an account is cancelled or there is a billing issue.
- If you cancelled your QuickBooks Online subscription: Disable QuickBooks integration through BackOffice.
- If you want to continue using QuickBooks Online: Renew your QuickBooks Online subscription. Then, contact ShopKeep Customer Care to sync shifts that failed to post to QuickBooks.