To improve your experience, we’d love your feedback on how and why you use the Support Site!
TAKE THE SHOPKEEP SUPPORT SITE SURVEY NOW>>
This page focuses on solving issues related to the BackOffice management of staff/employees.
Table of Contents
Staff List Issues
From missing employees to missing settings, this section has solutions to common Staff List problems.
Some employees are missing from the Staff List.
BackOffice managers see a limited staff list which excludes other BackOffice managers. Log in as the Business Owner to view all staff.
- Click the arrow at the top and select 'Logout'.
- Enter the Business Owner login information and click 'Log in'.
The Business Owner login is the email and password used to create the store.
I can't create a new BackOffice Manager.
The Business Owner is the only person who can give BackOffice access to an employee. If you don’t see the ‘Register Manager’ checkbox when adding a new employee, you are not signed in as the Business Owner.
- Log out of BackOffice.
- Log back in to BackOffice as the Business Owner.
If you need help logging in and out, follow these steps above.
Can I undelete an employee?
Employees cannot be undeleted. If you delete an employee, just add them back to the Staff List by re-entering their information.
Time Clock Issues
If you are having problems with the Time Clock in BackOffice, we have you covered in this section.
Time punches in BackOffice show the wrong time.
There are a few date and time settings that affect time clock punches.
- Make sure the time zone is set correctly on the device from which you’re accessing BackOffice.
- Check the date, time, and time zone settings on the iPad register. After that, clock in/out to verify the clock punch displays the right time.
If this works, all future time punches will be correct, but existing punches will need to be edited manually.
Some time clock punches are missing.
There are a few reasons why employee time clock punches may be missing from BackOffice. After each of the steps below, check to see if the time punches are still missing.
- Verify the date and time range.
You may have selected the wrong date/time range or not chosen a range at all.
- Check the 'Include deleted employees' box.
Time punches for deleted employees do not appear by default, so check this box to display them.
- Sign in to the register as a manager and troubleshoot the pending queue.
The pending queue shows if there is data on the register that has not synced to BackOffice.
I forgot to clock in/out or clocked in/out at the wrong time.
Not a problem, that’s a quick fix. Visit the Using the Time Clock article to learn how to add missed time clock punches and edit existing ones.