To improve your experience, we’d love your feedback on how and why you use the Support Site!
TAKE THE SHOPKEEP SUPPORT SITE SURVEY NOW>>
Transactions Screen Troubleshooting
This page provides solutions to issues you might encounter while running transactions at the register.
Table of Contents
- I don’t see the Gift Card tender when I try to redeem a ShopKeep gift card.
- My drawer did not open when I ran a cash transaction.
- "Disconnected" / "Connected"
- The keyboard won't pop-up when I try to search for an item.
- Non-discountable items are being discounted when I apply a discount.
- ShopKeep crashed while running a sale and it continues to crash when I open it.
I don’t see the Gift Card tender when I try to redeem a ShopKeep gift card.
- First, make sure you’re looking in the right place.
Tapping ‘More…’ should reveal ‘Gift Card’ as a tender option.
- Check that 'Gift Card' is enabled as a tender in your BackOffice.
- Then, tap 'Get Updates' on your register.
Gift Card should now be an available tender on your transaction screen.
My drawer did not open when I ran a cash transaction.
ShopKeep communicates with the cash drawer through your receipt printer. Troubleshoot the printer’s connection first, then follow the steps below.
- Make sure the printer is 'Connected' in Printer Setup and the switch is green. If the switch isn’t green, tap to turn it on.
- If your receipt printer doesn’t show up or shows up as 'Not Connected', troubleshoot the printer.
- Drawer still not opening? Visit our Cash Drawer Troubleshooting guide for more information.
"Disconnected" / "Connected"
This message appears when the iPad loses its connection with the iDynamo credit card reader. Make sure the reader is firmly secured in the charging port.
The keyboard won't pop-up when I try to search for an item.
Are you using a barcode scanner? Double-tap the small power button on top of the scanner to open the iPad’s onscreen keyboard. For a long term solution, put your scanner into iOS mode.
Non-discountable items are being discounted when I apply a discount.
By default, transaction-level discounts apply to the entire sale subtotal regardless if there are non-discountable items involved. You can change this behavior in BackOffice, if you’d like.
- In BackOffice, click 'Settings' and select 'Discounts'.
- Choose 'total of only discountable items'.
- Press 'OK' to save.
- Tap 'Get Updates' on the register.
ShopKeep crashed while running a sale and it continues to crash when I open it.
ShopKeep version 2.8.2 has the ability to remove corrupt transactions and fix the underlying problem that causes this issue. Just update the ShopKeep app to the latest version to get back to using the register.