This page provides solutions to issues you might encounter while running transactions at the register.
Table of Contents
- Transaction Troubleshooting
- I want to redeem a ShopKeep gift card, but I don't see the gift card tender.
- I ran a cash transaction and my drawer did not open.
- A "Disconnected" or "Connected" message appears in the middle of the screen.
- I need to search for an item, but my keyboard does not appear.
- I applied a discount to a sale and non-discountable items on the sale were affected.
- I was running a transaction when ShopKeep crashed. Now, the app continues to crash when I open it.
First, make sure you’re looking in the right place. Tapping More… should reveal Gift Card as a tender option.
ShopKeep communicates with the cash drawer through your receipt printer, so troubleshoot that connection first.
- Make sure the printer is Connected in Printer Setup and the switch is green. If the switch isn’t green, tap to turn it on.
- If your receipt printer doesn’t show up or shows up as Not Connected, troubleshoot the printer.
- Drawer still not opening? Visit our Cash Drawer Troubleshooting guide for more information.
By default, transaction-level discounts apply to the entire sale subtotal regardless if there are non-discountable items involved. You can change this behavior in BackOffice, if you’d like.