This past year, the content team at the Small Business Hub has written more articles than we can count, on dozens of topics.
From how to accept credit card payments, to customer appreciation ideas, to the most creative pop-up shop ideas ever, we have covered a variety of topics to empower independent brick-and-mortar small business owners to make smarter, more informed business decisions. Though the staff at ShopKeep had their favorites, the Small Business Hub audience told us loud and clear what they wanted to read. Since we know it’s hard to catch all of what was written (though we know a few of you do) we’ve put together the most popular posts of 2016. So without further ado, here are the most popular blog posts of 2016.
1. Our audience this year had one question they were dying to have answered: How Do You Balance a Cash Register Like a Pro? If this question still perplexes you, this is definitely one to check out.
2. It makes sense that this next article found a place on this list. Because why not love an article that deals with everyone’s favorite frozen food? Ice cream! If you’re thinking about dipping your toe into the world of splits, shakes, and cones, The Sweet and Simple Guide to Opening an Ice Cream Shop is for you.
3. We know our audience has a big heart, but the popularity of 10 Ways Small Businesses Benefit the Local Community confirmed it.
4. It’s the question that is as old as time, or at least as old as credit card processing. Despite some of the information that is available out there, for many, accepting credit card payments offline is not the best choice. No Easy Answer: Offline Credit Card Processing will help you boil down why avoiding offline credit card processing is best for small businesses.
5. We knew we were a creative bunch, but we even surprised ourselves with the post 7 of the Most Creative Pop-Up Shop Ideas Ever! Take a peek and see if you agree.
6. Though everyone enjoys a trip to the big city once in awhile, we know that many of our readers reside in smaller communities. That’s why we put together 27 of the Most Successful Business Ideas for Small Towns.
7. We’ve said time and time again, your business is only as healthy as the customers you serve. It appears you’ve really taken that to heart because 26 Inexpensive Customer Appreciation Day Ideas was definitely one of our most popular posts in 2016!
8. Tracking inventory for large and small businesses alike is incredibly important and tracking items with variants is ideal for retail stores. Learn how to Improve Inventory Tracking by Using Items with Variants in this Small Business Hub favorite, more than a few of you did.
9. How to Accept Credit Card Payments — The Ultimate Guide is the absolute resource on why you should, and how you can, accept credit card. This is a not-to-miss-guide for new business owners and those toying with the idea accepting credit cards.
10. Last but not least 5 Restaurant POS Features Designed to Serve Up Success was a top read this past year. Because hey, opening a restaurant is one of the most difficult businesses to start, and we’re dead set of seeing you succeed.
Was there a favorite post of yours on the Small Business Hub this year that we didn’t mention? Let us know by leaving a comment below!