— Leading iPad POS System and Business Management Solution Reveals Insights into Small Business Trends, Based on Anonymized U.S. Merchant Data —
NEW YORK — JANUARY 07, 2016 — ShopKeep, the cloud-based point of sale and business management solution used by more than 20,000 small businesses across the U.S., today released new data highlighting interesting trends seen in 2015 from across its merchant base.
Specifically the data helped to portray not only the daily activity of a small business merchant, but also how ShopKeep merchants interact with their point of sale system. Key trends include:
- On average, ShopKeep merchants start selling at 6:42am and close at 9:49pm
- Most merchants take a break at 11:45am
- The ShopKeep Pocket app, allowing merchants to easily view store data, was checked the most during the hours of 1pm-3pm
- ShopKeep’s 24/7 customer care service, offered free to all merchants 365 days of the year, is busiest on Tuesdays
The data also highlighted trends specific to ShopKeep’s retail, QSR and FSRB merchants:
- Retail has its highest sales months in July and August, and lowest in January and February
- 10am is the average sale start time for clothing stores
- Quick serve restaurants do the most transactions between 12pm and 1pm
- November 25th was the busiest day of the year for liquor stores, while gift shops saw the most sales on December 12th
With tens of thousands of small business owners relying on ShopKeep’s sophisticated iPad POS system, and benefitting from the systems’ varied reporting features and backend analytics, the anonymized data paints a valuable and insightful picture of the U.S. small business landscape.
Everything ShopKeep does supports growing and independent businesses. Founded by a successful business owner, ShopKeep provides an intuitive, secure, iPad point-of-sale system with POS software that empowers merchants to run smarter businesses by optimizing staffing, regulating inventory and accessing sales reports and customer information on one seamless, cloud-based platform. With more than 20,000 customers, ShopKeep’s award-winning customer care team is available to help 24/7 and provide a robust support network for growing business owners. ShopKeep is headquartered in New York, with offices in Portland, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Belfast and London. Follow @ShopKeep on Twitter, join the discussion on the ShopKeep blog or visit www.shopkeep.com to learn more about ShopKeep’s POS system.