- Who We Are, And How To Contact Us
- The Information ShopKeep Collects About You
- How We Use Your Information
- Data Sharing, And Other Recipients Of Your Information
- How Long We Hold On To Your Data For
- Privacy Shield
- Onward Transfer of your Personal Information
- How we Protect your Personal Information
- International Transfers of Information
- Your Rights, Accessing and Correcting your Information
- Third Party Websites
Welcome to ShopKeep. We take privacy and data security very seriously, especially when it comes to data you provide to us.
We welcome feedback about this policy or any of our practices. You can reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at the appropriate physical addresses which we have listed below.
2. Who We Are, And How To Contact Us
We are ShopKeep Inc. You can reach us at email@example.com, or at either of the addresses below.
Attn: Security Operations Manager
460 Park Avenue South, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10016
Or, if you are based within the EU/EEA:
5th floor, 40 Linen Hall Street,
Belfast BT2 8BA
3. The Information ShopKeep Collects About You
ShopKeep provides a number of services (collectively the “Services”). When you use these Services, ShopKeep receives data from you in a variety of ways.
When you open an account or place an eCommerce order with us, you send us certain details. These include:
- Email address, phone number, password, store name, and similar account details.
- For paying customers, we also collect billing details such as credit card information and a physical address.
- If you apply for a ShopKeep Payments account or the ShopKeep Capital program, you may also supply us with your bank account details.
Additionally, as you use our Services, we may collect other data automatically. Here is an explanation of such other data we may collect:
- Information relating to your usage of our Services including Register activations and visits to BackOffice.
- Usage details when you log in, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details about your device including your operating system type and version, and your screen size.
- As with most online Services, we also collect log data. This log data may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- We use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics and New Relic on our website. These may employ cookies to collect certain information concerning your use of our Services. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and opt out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a browser feature available in most modern browsers. The feature allows a browser to automatically signal a user’s preference regarding online tracking. ShopKeep’s own systems do not yet have the ability to honor this signal.
4. How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to fulfill a contract with you and provide you with our Services. For example, if you place an eCommerce order with us, we use your information to process and deliver that order.
We may also use your information to:
- Respond to your questions or inquiries;
- To conduct market research and surveys;
- To conduct promotional activities;
- To improve our Services and website;
- Supply you with information you have requested;
- To send you informational or promotional communications that you have agreed to receive;
- To carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent; and
- To carry out any other purpose permitted or required by law.
We use analytics to understand how our Services are used. These are required to provide us with the ability to operate, support, and continue building our Services. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an anonymized aggregate basis, and we may share this anonymized aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
If you choose to refer colleagues or friends to our Services, we will ask you to provide their email addresses. You must have the permission of your colleagues or friends to provide us with their personal information. For Canadian residents, you may only provide the email addresses of friends or colleagues with whom you have had direct voluntary two way communications, and with whom it is reasonable to conclude you have a personal relationship considering shared interests, experiences, opinions and other relevant factors, or of family members to whom you are related by marriage, a common-law partnership, or parent-child relationship, and with whom you have had direct voluntary two way communications.
5. Data Sharing, And Other Recipients Of Your Information
ShopKeep may pass personally identifiable information to other parties when fulfilling our contractual obligation to provide you with our Services. For example, you can optionally enable features that will require ShopKeep to send data to a third party to fulfill these Services. Examples of these features are MailChimp and Quickbooks. When you choose to enable a feature, and where required to by the third party, we share whatever information is necessary for the feature to function. You may opt out of this sharing by turning off these optional features.
We may use certain information about you without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as analyzing how the ShopKeep Services are used, marketed and improved, diagnosing service or technical problems, maintaining security, and personalizing content.
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have in the event that we merge with or are acquired by a third party or should any such transaction be proposed.
We may also use, or disclose your personal information to third parties, if we have reason to believe that using or disclosing such information is necessary to: (i) conduct investigations of possible breaches of law; (ii) identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating an agreement they have with us; (iii) investigate security breaches or cooperate with government authorities pursuant to a legal matter; or (iv) to protect our rights, safety or property. It is important to keep in mind that we are obliged to comply with applicable laws and legal process, including those to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
6. How Long We Hold On To Your Data For
ShopKeep needs your personal information in order to provide you with our Services, to maintain our business relationship with you, and in certain cases to be in compliance with applicable laws and legal process. When it is no longer needed for these purposes, we may delete your information after 5 years, or as soon as possible after you ask us to do so unless we are required to retain this information by applicable laws or other legal requirements, including protecting our interests in the event of potential litigation.
Please note that Information may persist in copies made for backup and disaster continuity purposes for an additional amount of time.
7. Privacy Shield
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has jurisdiction over ShopKeep’s compliance with the Privacy Shield.
To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification page, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/.
7. Onward Transfer of your Personal Information
ShopKeep complies with the Privacy Shield’s Principle regarding accountability for onward transfers. ShopKeep remains liable under the Principles if its onward transfer recipients process Personal Data in a manner inconsistent with the Principles unless ShopKeep proves that it was not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, ShopKeep commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the United States pursuant to Privacy Shield. European Union individuals with Privacy Shield inquiries or complaints should first contact ShopKeep at: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. How we Protect your Personal Information
Although we have taken measures to help protect our website, computer systems and any personal information that we have collected from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, misuse, alteration or destruction, no security measures can provide absolute protection. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
10. International Transfers of Information
Some or all of the personal information we collect may be stored or processed on servers located outside your jurisdiction of residence, including in the United States, whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, his or her parent or guardian may contact us for the purpose of deleting this information.
12. Your Rights, Accessing and Correcting your Information
You can access, review, export, and correct most of your personal information by signing in to your BackOffice account. Please update your personal information there if it changes or is inaccurate. If you encounter any issues managing your personal data, our Care Team will assist you. If you would like to access or request correction of any personal information we hold about you that cannot be accessed through your BackOffice account, or you do not have such an account, you may access your personal information by contacting us at the address above. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request; however, in some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain personal information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains personal information of other persons, or for legal reasons. We may require you to verify your identity before allowing you to access your personal information.
For residents of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain rights to restrict our use of other Information that constitutes your Personal Data and/or lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority or the United Kingdom’s Information Commissioner’s Office, which is our lead supervisory authority in the EEA. If you are a resident of the EEA and believe we maintain your personally identifiable information within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints to our lead supervisory authority.
Their contact details are:
Information Commissioner’s Office
13. Third Party Websites