This feature is only available for ShopKeep merchants on select pricing packages.
ShopKeep eCommerce: Advanced Topics
After your ShopKeep eCommerce Integration is set up, learn how to manage, market, and grow your online webstore. Organize products into categories, control where you ship orders, set up your store on an existing domain or WordPress site, and advertise and sell products on sites like Facebook and Amazon.
Table of Contents
Assign products to categories in ShopKeep eCommerce to help customers navigate the online store. Customers can click a category to view the products contained in it, allowing them to quickly find what they are looking for.
Not sure what type of categories to set up? Visit the Departments and Categories page in BackOffice to use your BackOffice department and category assignments as a guide.
- From the eCommerce Dashboard, click 'Catalog' and select 'Categories'.
- Click 'Add Root Category'.
- Enter a 'Name'.
This name, the image from step 4, and the description from step 5 are customer-facing and will appear in your online store.
- (Optional) Click 'Choose File' to upload a category image.
- (Optional) Enter a 'Description' of the category.
- Click 'Save'.
- Click 'Category Products', then select 'Assign Products to Category'.
- Select products to assign to the category, then click 'Assign Products'.
Categories appear on the front page of the online store. Customers can click a category to view the products contained in it.
Learn how to create subcategories, change the order in which categories appear, and learn about other ways to manage categories here.
Manage Shipping Regions
Set up a destination zone to restrict the regions to which the business will ship orders and control which shipping methods apply to each region.
If you ship to all 50 US states or to all of the US and Canada, skip steps 1 – 5 as these destination zones are set up by default for all online stores.
- From the eCommerce Dashboard, click 'Shipping & Pickup' and select 'Zones'.
- Click 'Add New Zone'.
- Enter a 'Name' for the zone.
- Use the 'Add Country', 'Add Region', and 'Add State' buttons to add the countries, regions, and/or states to which you are able to ship.
- Click 'Save'.
- From the eCommerce Dashboard, click 'Shipping & Pickup' and select 'Shipping & Pickup'.
- Click 'Actions' and select 'Edit' for an existing shipping method.
For help setting up shipping methods, visit our ShopKeep eCommerce setup article.
- From the 'Shipping Region' drop-down, select the destination zone you are able to ship to for the selected shipping method.
- Click 'Save'.
- (Optional) Repeat steps 1 - 9 as needed to restrict shipping regions for other shipping methods.
Need additional help? Learn more about managing destination zones and shipping methods here.
Use Your Own Domain
If you own a domain name, connect it to ShopKeep eCommerce so customers can visit that domain to access your online store. Once setup is complete, your online store will be available to customers at the domain specified via a secure HTTPS connection encrypted by an SSL certificate.
- From the eCommerce Dashboard, click 'Website'.
- Click 'Change Address'.
- Under 'Use your own domain name', enter a domain to use for the online store.
This must be an existing domain owned and managed by your business.
- Copy or make note of the IP address listed in step 2 of the prompt.
This will be used later and will need to be entered into the registrar for the domain during step 7.
- Click 'Save'.
- Log into the control panel for your domain registrar.
Don’t know who the registrar is? Look it up here.
- In the domain registrar's control panel, create an A record for the domain entered in step 3.
- Create a CNAME record for your domain using 'www' as the name or alias.
For help for steps 7 and 8, contact your domain registrar for support.
- Wait 2 hours for all changes to be applied.
Need additional help? Learn more about connecting a domain name here.
Businesses using WordPress for their website or blog can install a WordPress plugin to add their ShopKeep eCommerce online store to the WordPress platform.
- Click here to download the online store WordPress plugin.
- From the WordPress Admin page, click 'Plugins' and select 'Add New'.
- Click 'Upload Plugin'.
- Click 'Browse' and select the .ZIP file downloaded in step 1.
- Click 'Install Plugin'.
- After the plugin is installed, click 'Activate Plugin'.
- On the WordPress side menu, click 'Online Store' and select 'Setup'.
- Click 'Connect' and follow the prompts to assign your online store to WordPress.
A new ‘Store’ page will be added to WordPress, from which the online store can be accessed, after completing this step.
Learn how to add products to other WordPress pages and about other ways to manage the online store in WordPress here.
Sell on Facebook, Instagram, and Amazon
These features require an upgraded ShopKeep eCommerce plan. For more information on upgrading, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be able to sell products on Facebook, you must:
- From the eCommerce Dashboard, click 'Sell on Facebook'.
If you already have a ‘Shop’ section on the Facebook page for the business, connecting an online store will overwrite all existing products in that section.
- Click 'Connect Facebook Page'.
- Select the Facebook business page where you will sell your products, then click 'Save'.
- Follow the prompts to accept the Merchant Commerce Terms for Facebook.
- Follow the steps here to learn how to sync and list products on Facebook, how customers place orders, and how to process Facebook orders.
To be able to sell products on Instagram, you must:
- From the eCommerce Dashboard, click 'All Sales Channels' and select 'Sell on Instagram'.
- Click 'Connect Instagram'.
- Log into your Instagram account.
- Follow the steps here to learn how shopping works on Instagram, how to enable product tagging, and how to tag products in Instagram posts.
To be able to sell products on Amazon, you must:
- From the eCommerce Dashboard, click 'Apps' and select 'App Market'.
- Search for the app 'Codisto LINQ' and select it from the results.
- Install the 'Codisto LINQ' app.
- Follow the steps here to set up the app, log into Amazon, and enable products for sale on Amazon.
Advertise on Facebook and Google
Before advertising on Facebook, you must connect a Facebook account to the online store.
- Follow the steps here to create and install the Facebook pixel.
The Facebook pixel tracks who visits your online store from Facebook, allowing for better targeted ads.
- Follow the steps here to create an ad campaign, ad set, and ads.
- From the eCommerce Dashboard, click 'Marketing' and select 'Google Ads'.
- Click 'Enable'.
- Follow the prompts to set up a Google ad campaign.