This feature is available only for ShopKeep merchants on select pricing packages.
MailChimp Integration Setup
Send automated marketing emails to all of your customers at once with MailChimp. This integration automatically syncs your customers and their email addresses from ShopKeep to your MailChimp account.
Check out our MailChimp Setup video below:
Table of Contents
Sign Up for MailChimp
Sign up for an account to start using MailChimp. Users who already have a MailChimp account can skip ahead to the Enable MailChimp Integration section.
- In BackOffice, click 'Integrations', then 'MailChimp'.
- Click 'Sign Up'.
- Enter your information and click 'Get Started'.
- Check your email for a message from MailChimp and click 'Activate Account'.
- Click 'I'm Not A Robot'.
- Enter your name and click 'Continue'.
- Follow the remaining prompts to finish MailChimp account setup.
- Complete the steps below to enable MailChimp integration.
Enable MailChimp Integration
Once you have a MailChimp account, link it to ShopKeep to enable MailChimp integration and begin automatically syncing your customer list from ShopKeep.
- In BackOffice, click 'Integrations' and select 'MailChimp'.
- Click 'Login'.
- Enter your MailChimp username and password, then click 'Log In'.
If you receive an error, visit our MailChimp Integration Troubleshooting guide for help.
- If you don't have an existing MailChimp list, follow the steps to create a list.
After creating your list, refresh the BackOffice MailChimp Settings page.
- Select a list to sync your ShopKeep customers to and click 'Done'.
That’s it, you’re all set. Customers will begin syncing to MailChimp shortly.
Need help using MailChimp? Visit our Advanced Topics FAQ for links to some helpful resources.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are answers to some common questions about MailChimp integration.
What customer information syncs to MailChimp?
First/last names and email addresses sync from ShopKeep to MailChimp.
Where do I edit customer information?
Edit customer information in ShopKeep, not in MailChimp. Changes you make in ShopKeep automatically sync over to MailChimp. For help managing customers in ShopKeep, visit our Manage Customers article.
Where do I delete customers?
Delete customers in ShopKeep, not in MailChimp. When you delete a customer in ShopKeep, the integration automatically removes that customer from MailChimp.
Will every customer I email a receipt to receive MailChimp emails?
Yes. When you email a receipt to a new customer, they are automatically added to your customer list and their information syncs to MailChimp.
How can a customer opt out of receiving my MailChimp emails?
Customers can click unsubscribe in the footer of any MailChimp email to elect not to receive future emails. You can also manually unsubscribe customers from within MailChimp.
I’m having problems with MailChimp Integration. Where can I get help?
Visit our MailChimp Integration Troubleshooting article for help with some common issues.
If you have more questions about MailChimp integration, visit our Advanced Topics FAQ.