QuickBooks® via SHOGO
With SHOGO, ShopKeep merchants can sync their shift data to QuickBooks® Desktop for PC for analysis. Make sure you are using a supported QuickBooks version, then find your ShopKeep API token and sign up for SHOGO. QuickBooks integration via SHOGO is only available in the US at this time.
To use ShopKeep with QuickBooks Online, check out our built-in QuickBooks Integration.
Table of Contents
SHOGO’s QuickBooks integration supports the following versions of QuickBooks® Desktop for PC:
SHOGO does not support QuickBooks® for Mac. Mac users should sign up for QuickBooks Online and use ShopKeep’s built-in integration.
Get Your API Token
An API token is required for SHOGO setup and is the link between your ShopKeep account and SHOGO. Before beginning the signup process, make sure you know how to get your API token.
- Contact Customer Care and ask for 'API Tokens' to be enabled.
- In BackOffice, click 'Settings' and select 'API Tokens'.
- Copy the entire 'QuickBooks' API token.
Sign Up for SHOGO
SHOGO is a separate service that operates outside ShopKeep’s core reporting. Sign up for SHOGO to begin syncing your ShopKeep data to QuickBooks Desktop for PC.
- Visit the SHOGO sign-up page.
- Enter your information and click 'Sign Up'.
These details are what you will use to log in and check SHOGO reports later.
- Select ShopKeep as your POS.
- Enter your ShopKeep store details and click 'Save'.
- Enter your ShopKeep store name and API token, then click 'Connect'.
- Click 'Configure Accounting Rules' to connect SHOGO to QuickBooks.
Visit SHOGO support for help completing this process.
With setup complete, data will begin syncing to QuickBooks after you close your next shift. When a shift is closed, ShopKeep reconciles its data (~15 minutes) and sends it to SHOGO for analysis.
For more information on how SHOGO works with ShopKeep, please see this SHOGO guide.