ShopKeep & Apple Pay
Watch our ShopKeep and Apple Pay video below:
Table of Contents
What is Apple Pay?
If you have questions about setting up or using Apple Pay, visit our Advanced Topics FAQ page.
How to Set Up Apple Pay
Apple Pay transactions are processed through your merchant services provider, like ShopKeep Payments, the same as credit card sales. If your MSP supports it, so can your business.
- Have a representative fill out our boarding form.
Already have processing? Check with your provider to see if you’re able to accept Apple Pay.
Current processing platforms accepting Apple Pay with ShopKeep:
First Data Nashville
First Data North
First Data Omaha
- Set up the iPP350, Link/2500, Ingenico ICMP, Clover Go, Clover Mini, or Clover Flex credit card reader.
- Visit the ShopKeep Store to purchase a credit card reader.
- The Link/2500 is only available to eligible merchants processing credit cards with ShopKeep Payments, Chase, or First Data. Apple Pay is only available to merchants with this reader if EMV payments are enabled.
- The Clover Go, Clover Mini, and Clover Flex are only available to eligible merchants processing credit cards with ShopKeep Payments.
- Make sure you're running an updated version of ShopKeep.
How Customers Use Apple Pay
Customers using Apple Pay will have it configured on their device beforehand. Accepting it at the register is even simpler.
- The cashier selects 'Credit' when ringing up a sale.
- The customer holds their device within 1″ of the card reader when ShopKeep shows 'Swipe or Tap Card'.
Apple’s Wallet app will open automatically, allowing the customer to select which of their cards to use.
- The customer’s iPhone will prompt them to scan their fingerprint (or code unlock) to approve the sale.
- The cashier finishes the sale like a normal credit transaction.
If you have problems completing a sale with Apple Pay, visit one of our Credit Card Reader Troubleshooting Guides for help.