WiFi as WAN
For locations that already have WiFi – just not at the register, WiFi as WAN will turn your Cradlepoint (MBR95-) Router into a reliable repeater.
Table of Contents
Access Your Cradlepoint
Sign in to the Cradlepoint administration console with the web browser on your iPad.
- Open iPad Settings, then tap 'WiFi' and connect to your Cradlepoint (MBR95-).
The Cradlepoint’s default password is printed on the bottom of the router.
- Open Safari (web browser).
- In the address bar, type: cp/ or 192.168.0.1
- Log in with your router password (printed on sticker under router).
Configure WiFi as WAN
Set your Cradlepoint to repeat the internet connection from another nearby router.
- Tap 'Basic Mode' to switch it to Advanced Mode.
- Under 'Internet' choose 'WiFi as WAN'.
- Change 'WiFi Client Mode': to 'Wireless as WAN'.
- Check the box on your existing WiFi and choose 'Import'.
- Enter your WiFi password in 'WPA Password' and press 'Submit'.
Your iPad will leave the Cradlepoint network as it resets, visit iPad Settings, then select WiFi to reconnect.