Using the Time Clock
The Time Clock allows employees to clock in and out and allows management to keep track of and edit employee time punches in BackOffice.
Table of Contents
Clock In & Out
Employees clock in and out on the register to record their shift start and end times. Clock punches sync automatically to BackOffice with an active internet connection.
- Enter a four digit register code.
- Tap 'Clock In' or 'Clock Out' to record a time punch.
- A pop-up appears to confirm the employee and date/time of the clock punch.
Don’t see a pop-up? Visit our Login / Access Troubleshooting guide for help.
Manage Time Clock Records
View and edit time clock records from BackOffice using a web browser.
View Clock Punches
Look at individual clock punches, total hours worked, and more. The Time Clock presents total hours in decimal increments rather than raw minutes.
- In BackOffice, tap 'Staff'. Then, 'Time Clock'.
- Tap to choose a date/time range and click 'Retrieve'.
By default, BackOffice displays the past 30 days of time punches.
- (optional) Check 'Include deleted employees' to show time punches for staff members that were removed from your Staff List.
- (optional) Click 'Download CSV' to export the time clock records to a spreadsheet.
If time clock punches display the wrong time or are missing, visit our troubleshooting guide for help.
Edit Time Clock Punches
From time to time, you may need to adjust an employee’s clock in or clock out time. Here is how to do that.
- Select a time punch.
- Use the sliders to change the time and, if necessary, pick a new date on the calendar.
- Click 'Done' to save changes.
Add a Shift
If an employee forgets to clock in or out for their shift, manually add the worked shift in BackOffice.
- Select the employee and tap 'Add Work Shift'.
- Use the calendar and sliders to specify the start date and time. Click 'Done'.
- Click to adjust the shift’s end date and time. Click 'Done'.
- Tap 'Add Shift' to finish up.
Having issues with the Time Clock? Check out our Troubleshooting Guide for solutions!