Open Priced Items
Open pricing is used for custom made, market priced, or miscellaneous inventory items that are not priced until the time of purchase. Learn how to use open priced items with ShopKeep, create an open priced item in BackOffice, and sell the item at the register.
Watch our Open Priced Items video below:
Table of Contents
What are Open Priced Items?
To understand how to use open priced items with ShopKeep, let’s define what they are and look at some different examples.
Create an Open Priced Item
Set up an open priced item in BackOffice so you can sell it at the register.
- From the Items List in BackOffice, add a new basic item.
Only basic items can have open pricing. Items with variants cannot be open priced.
- Fill in the item's details and set 'Priced' to 'In Store'.
In Store enables the cashier to enter the sales price at the register when selling the item.
- Click 'Save' to create the item.
- (Optional) Add the item to the register button layout.
- In the ShopKeep app, tap 'Get Updates' to sync the new item to your register.
For a more detailed walkthrough of creating a basic item, visit our Add Basic Items article.
Sell an Open Priced Item
An open priced item has no set price, so the cashier enters the price as they ring it up. Use open priced items to sell things like shipping costs, bulk goods, or other miscellaneous items.
- Add an open priced item to a sale.
- Enter the item's sale price and tap 'Done'.
- Complete the sale as usual.
Visit our Running Sales at the Register article if you need help finishing the sale.