Open Priced Items
Open pricing is used for custom made items, market priced items, or miscellaneous inventory that are priced at the time of purchase. Cashiers manually enter an open item’s price as they sell it at the register.
Table of Contents
Create an Open Priced Item
Set up an open priced item in BackOffice like any other basic item.
- From the items list in BackOffice, add a new basic item.
- Fill in the item information.
- Change 'Priced' to 'In Store'.
In Store allows the cashier to enter the sales price at the register when selling the item.
- Continue editing the item.
- Click 'Save'.
- (optional) Add the item to the button layout.
- In the ShopKeep app, click Get Updates to sync your new item to the register.
Sell an Open Priced Item
An open priced item has no set price, so the cashier enters the price as they ring it up.
- Add the item to the sale.
- Enter the sales price and tap 'Done'.
- Then, finish the sale.