for JUUL Merchants
BackOffice is the online portal where you manage your business in ShopKeep. Log in to BackOffice to add items to inventory, set sales restrictions on relevant products, add employees, and customize receipt, tax, and tender settings before running sales at the register.
After setting up BackOffice, check out our Register Guide for JUUL Merchants.
Table of Contents
Log In to BackOffice
Follow the steps below to log in to BackOffice.
- Visit www.shopkeepapp.com.
- Enter your BackOffice login information.
Store Name | ShopKeep account name with no spaces or punctuation.
Username/Email | Email used to create the ShopKeep account.
Password | Password entered when creating the ShopKeep account.
Forgot your store name or password? Click here for login assistance.
- Click 'Log in' to enter BackOffice.
Unable to log in? Visit our troubleshooting guide for help.
Add Inventory Items
Inventory items are the various goods and services a business sells. Set up your items in BackOffice so cashiers can ring them up at the register.
JUUL® devices and JUULpods™ do not need to be set up as they have been automatically added to your account.
- In BackOffice, click 'Items' and select 'Item List'.
- Click 'Add New'.
- Select 'Create' under 'Basic Item' or 'Item with Variants'.
- Basic items are sold individually or with modifiers.
- Items with variants are items sold in variations (e.g. a single shirt with multiple sizes).
- Fill in the item's details, then click 'Save'.Basic ItemItem with Variants
- After adding items, create register shortcuts to easily access them at the register.
Create Sales Restrictions
Sales restrictions allow businesses to regulate the purchase of specific items, such as alcohol and vape products, by age or quantity. Set up sales restrictions for any items you sell that have a minimum purchase age or maximum purchase quantity.
JUUL Labs™ products already have sales restrictions set up, so add restrictions for other items as needed.
- In BackOffice, click ‘Items’ and select ‘Sales Restrictions’.
- Click ‘Add New’.
- Fill in the ‘Details’ and ‘Settings’ fields.
Restriction Name | How the restriction is identified on the BackOffice ‘Sales Restrictions’ page.
Department | Select a department of items to restrict.
Category | Select a category of items within the ‘Department’ to restrict or leave as ‘All categories’.
Sales restrictions created for specific categories will override a department-level restriction in place for those categories, including if the department-level restriction has both an age and transaction limit but a category-level restriction has only one. Learn how to assign items to departments and categories here.
Sales restrictions must have either an ‘Age Restriction’ or ‘Per Transaction Limit’ set but can also have both.
Age Restriction | Minimum age a customer must be to purchase items from the selected ‘Department’ and ‘Category’.
Per Transaction Limit | Maximum quantity of items from the selected ‘Department’ and ‘Category’ allowed on one sale.
- Click ‘Save’.
Learn how sales restrictions work at the register here.
“Staff” refers to anyone who works at your business. Add employees to the staff list to be able to track their sales and time clock punches and control who can access the register and BackOffice.
- In BackOffice, click 'Staff' and select 'Staff List'.
- Click 'Add Staff'.
- If prompted, set a new register code for the Business Owner and tap 'Enable PIN'.
- Enter the employee's information.
Register Code | 4-digit code that lets employees use the time clock and perform cashier functions.
Register Permission | Check this box to give an employee access to manager functions.
BackOffice Permission | Select a level of BackOffice access to give to an employee. Visit our full Manage Staff article to learn the difference between each option.
- Click 'Save'.
Email Receipt Setup
Email receipts are convenient for customers and enable you to collect email addresses to use for marketing purposes. Customize email receipts with business information, a logo, banner, and social media links.
The ‘Store Name’ set for receipts will also appear on the customer-facing touchscreen of the Sunmi T2 Lite register.
- Click 'Settings' and select 'Receipts and Tips'.
- Click ‘Paper Receipt’, then fill in as much Business Information as desired to appear on receipts.
‘Store Name’ will also appear on the customer-facing touchscreen of the Sunmi T2 Lite register.
- Click 'Save' to save changes.
- Click 'Email Receipt' to add a logo, message, banner, and/or social media links to email receipts.
- Fill in as much information as desired to appear on email receipts.
Logo | Upload your business logo for the top of the receipt.
Logo URL | Enter a URL to make the logo a clickable link.
Receipt Heading | A heading that appears under the logo.
Promotional Message | A message that appears under the Receipt Heading.
Banner | Upload an image or enter text to appear above your social media links.
Yelp, Facebook, etc. | Check the ‘Show’ box and enter social media links.
- Click 'Save'.
View a completed email receipt here.
Manage Tax Settings
Maybe everything you sell is taxed the same or maybe you sell other goods (e.g. alcohol) that require a different rate. Enter the default tax rate that will be automatically applied to taxable items, then set up additional rates to override the default for specific items.
- Click 'Settings' and select 'Taxes'.
- Click the default tax rate indicated by the checkmark.
- Enter the tax rate details, then click ‘Update’.
Name | Name of the tax rate as it appears in BackOffice reporting (e.g. “Prepared Food Tax”).
Rate | Percentage of tax charged for this tax rate (e.g. 7%, 8.875%, etc.).
Set as Default | When checked, the tax rate becomes the default tax applied to all items not assigned to a tax rate.
- (Optional) Follow the steps here to set up additional tax rates and assign items to taxes.
Configure Tender Settings
Do you accept credit or debit cards through an external terminal, personal checks, or any tenders other than cash and credit? Here’s how to enable those tenders and more for use at the register.
- Click 'Settings' and select 'Tenders'.
- Check or uncheck boxes to enable or disable tenders.
Learn what each tender is used for here.
Here are some more BackOffice features included with your account that are designed to make running your business even easier.
Mailchimp enables you to build email marketing campaigns and and send them to customers added in ShopKeep. Visit our Mailchimp Integration article to learn more.
ShopKeep integrates with QuickBooks Online to automatically sync register totals to your QuickBooks account, simplifying how you balance the books. Visit our QuickBooks Integration Setup article to learn more.