This feature is only available for ShopKeep merchants on select pricing packages.
Sales by Discount Report
Use the Sales by Discount report to track how discounts are used at the register. See which discounts are applied most often, view total discount amounts, and discover the impact of discounts on margins and profits.
Visit our Discounts article to learn how to set up discounts and apply them to sales.
Table of Contents
Run the Report
From BackOffice, run the Sales by Discount report for an overview of your store’s discount usage during a specific date range.
- Click 'Reports' and select 'Discounts'.
- Click the date icon to choose a preset or custom range, then click 'Retrieve'.
Read the Report
The Sales by Discount report can show which discounts are most popular and which cost you the most revenue. Learn to read this report to master its data and make more informed business decisions.
The charts show top discounts by Sales Count & Amount Discounted as percentages for the selected date range.
The term Other is a combination of all discounts outside the top 10.
- Hover over or tap on a bar to see the count/amount and percent of total for that discount.
The table view provides detailed information about all discounts used during the selected date range. The first row, Totals, gives the total for each column.
The following columns display by default:
Discount Name | Name of the discount used. Discounts and discount coupons applied to ShopKeep eCommerce orders processed at the register will appear in reporting under a discount named ‘Open Amount’.
Sales Count | Number of sales in which the discount was used.
Net Discount % | Net Discounts expressed as a percentage of the difference between the Sales Amount and Returns Amount.
Net Discounts | Total discount amount applied to sales minus total discount amount applied to returns.
Returns Amount | Pre-discount subtotal of the returned items affected by the discount.
Net Sales | Sales Amount minus Returns Amount minus Net Discounts.
Costs | Total business cost of sold items affected by the discount minus the cost of returned items.
By default, Cost is calculated using the weighted average cost of each item at the time of sale.
Gross Margin | Percentage of Net Sales left after accounting for Costs.
Gross Profit | Net Sales minus Costs.
- Click any header with arrows to sort the table.
Filter the Report
Filter the report by discount to hide discounts you don’t want to see or to display only specific discounts. Filter by column to customize which table columns appear on the report.
- Click 'Filter'.
- To hide a discount, uncheck its box.
- To show the discount again, re-check the box.
- Use the filter controls to search for a discount, select all discounts, and clear all selections.
- To show a table column, click 'Show/Hide Columns' and check each box.
- To hide a column, uncheck its box.
Export the Report
Download a copy of the Sales by Discount report to analyze and filter the data using spreadsheet software.
- On the Table View, click 'Export'.
- Wait for the export to be generated. Check the box to be notified by email when exports are ready for download (optional).
Exports ready in a few seconds will automatically download to your computer. Click ‘Close’ to close the message box.
Exports that take more than a few seconds to generate are downloadable via the Export Center when ready. Click ‘OK’ to close the message box.
- After downloading, the export is ready to open in any spreadsheet software.
Print the Report
Use the Print feature to generate the report in a printer-friendly format that can be printed or saved.
- Click 'Print'.
- Wait for the report to open in a new browser tab.
- Click 'File' on the web browser’s menu and select 'Print'.
Or choose to save the print view as a PDF for easy sharing.