Register Button Layout
The register button layout is the grouping of register buttons that cashiers use to ring up inventory items. Learn how to place items on the layout, add pages to it, and customize its buttons.
Watch our setup video below:
Table of Contents
The drag and drop interface makes adding and arranging buttons on the layout quick and easy.
- In BackOffice, click 'Items' and select 'Register Button Layout'.
- Find an item by typing its name in the search box or scrolling through the list.
Looking for an item with variants? Scroll to the bottom of the list.
- (Optional) If you have multiple pages, click the name of the page you want to add the button to.
- Click an item on the list and drag it down onto the placement field.
To remove a button from the layout, click and drag it back to the list at the top. Then, tap ‘Get Updates’ in ShopKeep to delete the button from the register.
If you have questions about adding buttons to the layout, visit our Setup FAQ for answers.
Add & Name Pages
Create additional layout pages and give them names to further organize your items.
- In the top right, click the + to add a new page.
Or, use the – to delete the current page.
- In the text field, enter a name for the new page.
The name saves automatically once you navigate away from the text field.
- At the bottom, click and drag pages to change the order.
Change button colors or labels to further organize your layout or give it some extra flair.
- Click the gear in the corner of a placed button.
- (Optional) Select a new button color.
- (Optional) Enter new 'Button Text' to relabel the button.
‘Button Text’ appears ONLY on the register, NOT in BackOffice or on receipts.
After setting the button layout the way you would like, update the register to apply the changes.
- Sign into the register as a manager.
- Open a new shift or tap 'Get Updates' from the menu.
- The changes made in BackOffice are applied to the register.
Navigate the button layout by:
- Swipe left and right on the button layout to move between pages.
- The Button Page Index shows an alphabetized list of pages. Select a page to view its items.
- Scroll through the button page tabs to find a page.