Barcode Scanner Charging Cradle Troubleshooting
Having trouble charging your barcode scanner using the charging cradle? Check out some troubleshooting suggestions below.
Table of Contents
The cradle does not charge my barcode scanner.
- Check to make sure the power cable is plugged securely into the cradle.
- Try plugging the cradle into a different power outlet.
- Make sure the scanner is sitting properly in the cradle.
- Look at the back of the scanner and make sure the battery cover screw is flush with the scanner. If it is not, tighten the screw.
- Contact Customer Care for further assistance.
My scanner turns off automatically on its own.
A scanner that is not being charged will power off after 2 hours of inactivity if it is paired with an iPad or after 5 minutes if it is unpaired. Follow these steps to power the scanner back on and, if needed, re-pair it.
- Hold the power button to turn on the scanner.
- Open the iPad's 'Settings' app.
- Tap 'Bluetooth'.
- Check the Socket device’s status.
- Continue troubleshooting below based on the scanner's status.
- If the scanner is ‘Connected’, it is ready to be used again with the register.
- If the scanner is ‘Not Connected’, follow these steps to disconnect and re-pair it.
- If there is no status next to the Socket device, tap on it to connect.
- If the Socket device is not listed, toggle the Bluetooth setting on.
To prevent the scanner from turning off in the future, place it on the charging cradle when not in use. If the scanner is not charging in the cradle, follow these steps above.