Checks Screen Troubleshooting
Having trouble opening, saving, or syncing checks between registers? You’re in the right place. Keep reading below and you’ll be back up and running in no time.
Table of Contents
- Open Check Issues
- I misspelled a check’s name when saving it.
- When I try to close my shift, ShopKeep says I still have open checks.
- Serverless Sync™ Issues
- None of the checks I save are syncing to my other registers.
- The Register List says that a register is disconnected.
- I try to open a check, but ShopKeep says it cannot be found or retrieved.
- Old checks suddenly reappeared on the register and I cannot open, delete, or close them.
- I have 3+ registers and one went offline. Now, the register that went offline cannot retrieve past checks.
Open Check Issues
This section covers general issues related to opening, saving, and editing checks. Never saved a check before? Check out our Open Checks support article.
I misspelled a check’s name when saving it.
Not to worry! Checks can be easily renamed if a mistake is made.
- Open the check from the Checks screen.
- Tap the name of the check.
- Enter a new name and 'Save'.
When I try to close my shift, ShopKeep says I still have open checks.
Checks can stay open beyond the closing of a shift but you should still check to see what’s open and handle them appropriately if necessary.
- Visit the Checks screen to see your open checks.
- Reopen each check and decide whether to leave open, tender for payment, or void.
- Close your shift. If there are no open checks and you still see this message, close shift anyway.
Serverless Sync™ Issues
None of the checks I save are syncing to my other registers.
- If checks have never synced between registers, verify you’ve gone through all Serverless Sync setup steps.
- If checks have synced in the past and stopped syncing, one or more registers may be disconnected.
- Check the Register List to see if this is the case and click here for troubleshooting steps.
The Register List says that a register is disconnected.
Perform these actions in the order listed. After each step, wait a full minute and check to see if the problem has been resolved.
- Check that all registers have ShopKeep open. If ShopKeep is closed, open it back up.
- Make sure all iPads are on the same WiFi network.
If an iPad has disconnected, reconnect it to the correct WiFi network.
- Get Updates from the Control Panel of the disconnected register.
- Force quit ShopKeep on the register that’s disconnected. Then, reopen the ShopKeep app.
- Force quit ShopKeep on all iPads. Reopen ShopKeep on each, one at a time.
- Restart the iPad that’s disconnected. Open ShopKeep back up.
- Restart all iPads. Reopen ShopKeep on each, one at a time.
- Ask someone familiar with your network to reboot the router. Then, make sure each iPad reconnects to the correct WiFi network.
All iPads should be on the same wireless network.
I try to open a check, but ShopKeep says it cannot be found or retrieved.
This happens when the register a check was saved on is now out of sync. Check the Register List to see which register is disconnected and follow the troubleshooting steps above.
Old checks suddenly reappeared on the register and I cannot open, delete, or close them.
- Force quit ShopKeep. Then, open the app back up.
- Wait a full minute for the iPad to get back in sync.
- Check to see if the problem is resolved. Contact Customer Care if the problem persists.
I have 3+ registers and one went offline. Now, the register that went offline cannot retrieve past checks.
- Open the missing check on another register that is online.
- Re-save the check under a new/different name.
- Force quit and restart ShopKeep on the register that could not retrieve the check.
- If the register is still not retrieving it, then transfer the check to another employee to change ownership.
- Once the check reappears on the register, select it again and transfer it back to the original owner.