Socket QX Stand Troubleshooting
Having problems with your QX stand? Look no further. If you’re setting up for the first time, check out our QX Stand Setup guide.
Table of Contents
The barcode scanner doesn’t fit in my stand.
My scanner won’t automatically scan barcodes.
Most likely, your scanner was never placed in ‘Auto’ mode. If it was working at one point and suddenly stopped, however, someone may have removed it from the stand and pressed the scan trigger (this makes it return to ‘Normal’ mode).
- Print & scan the QR code for ‘Auto’ mode found on page 15 of the Quick Start Guide.
- Place the scanner in the stand making sure the charging pins align.
- The scanner beeps to let you know it’s connected to the stand.
If your scanner doesn’t respond to these steps, you may have the wrong model. See above for details.
My scanner doesn’t charge while it’s in the stand.
Check each of the following to troubleshoot this issue:
My scanner turns off automatically on its own.
A scanner that is not being charged will power off after 2 hours of inactivity if it is paired with an iPad or after 5 minutes if it is unpaired. Follow these steps to power the scanner back on and, if needed, re-pair it.
- Hold the power button to turn on the scanner.
- Open the iPad's 'Settings' app.
- Tap 'Bluetooth'.
- Check the Socket device’s status.
- Continue troubleshooting below based on the scanner's status.
- If the scanner is ‘Connected’, it is ready to be used again with the register.
- If the scanner is ‘Not Connected’, follow these steps to disconnect and re-pair it.
- If there is no status next to the Socket device, tap on it to connect.
- If the Socket device is not listed, toggle the Bluetooth setting on.
To prevent the scanner from turning off in the future, keep it in the QX stand when not in use. If the scanner is not charging in the stand, follow these steps above.