ShopKeep Pocket Troubleshooting
This page provides solutions for issues you may encounter while using the ShopKeep Pocket app.
Need help setting up Pocket for the first time? Visit our ShopKeep Pocket for iOS & Android article.
Table of Contents
"You did not submit a valid combination of store name, login, and password."
If you see this error when adding a location to Pocket, follow the steps below to check your login details.
- Re-enter the store name.
It should be one word, lowercase, and contain no spaces.
- Re-enter the username / email.
For Business Owners, this is the email originally used to create the location. BackOffice Managers must use their assigned login for the location.
- Re-enter the password.
The password is case-sensitive and should be entered the same as when you sign into BackOffice.
- Tap 'Sign in' or 'Add a new location'.
- If the error persists, tap 'Forgot your password?' to reset your password.
This allows you to reset the Business Owner password. If a BackOffice Manager forgets their password, the Business Owner must reset it via the Staff List.
My sales are not updating.
If your sales data is not updating or Pocket returns an error like Unable to load data, follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
After performing each step, swipe down in Pocket to refresh your sales information.
- On the device running Pocket, load a web page to verify the internet connection.
Visit a site other than Google, like www.nytimes.com. If it doesn’t load, you have an internet issue.
- On the iPad, open the Diagnostics Overview & check for errors next to 'Pending/Delayed Queue'.
If there are errors, visit the Manager Functions Troubleshooting guide to learn how to fix them.
- Force quit and reopen the ShopKeep Pocket app.
The ShopKeep Pocket app crashed.
Follow the steps below, then relaunch the app to see if the problem was resolved.
- Update the ShopKeep Pocket app.
If you need help updating Pocket, visit one of the following:
- If using an iOS device, force quit Pocket.
- If the issue persists, delete and reinstall the Pocket app.
If you need help deleting Pocket, visit Apple or Google support:If you need help reinstalling Pocket, visit our ShopKeep Pocket for iOS & Android article.
"Your login credentials have changed. Please re-enter your login and password."
This message appears if your login credentials change for a location that has been added to Pocket. This is most often a result of changing your BackOffice password.
- Re-enter your store name, username/email, and password.
- Tap 'Sign in'.