ShopKeep Pocket Troubleshooting
This page provides solutions for issues you may encounter while using the ShopKeep Pocket app.
Need help setting up Pocket for the first time? Visit our ShopKeep Pocket for iOS & Android article.
Table of Contents
"You did not submit a valid combination of store name, login, and password."
If you see this error when adding a location to Pocket, follow the steps below to check your login details.
- Re-enter the store name.
It should be one word, lowercase, and contain no spaces.
- Re-enter the username / email.
- For Business Owners, this is the email originally used to create the location.
- BackOffice Managers must use their assigned login for the location.
- Re-enter the password.
The password is case-sensitive and should be entered the same as when you sign into BackOffice.
- Tap 'Sign in' or 'Add a new location'.
- If the error persists, tap 'Forgot your password?' to reset your password.
- This allows you to reset the Business Owner password.
- BackOffice Managers must have their password reset by the Business Owner via the Staff List.
My sales are not updating.
If your sales data is not updating or Pocket returns an error like Unable to load data, follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
After each step, swipe down in Pocket to refresh your sales and check if the problem is resolved.
- On the device running Pocket, load a web page to verify the internet connection.
Visit a site other than Google, such as www.nytimes.com. If it doesn’t load, you have an internet issue.
- On the iPad, open the Diagnostics screen & check for errors next to 'Pending/Delayed Queue'.
If there are errors, visit the Manager Functions Troubleshooting guide to learn how to fix them.
- Force quit and reopen the ShopKeep Pocket app.
- In Pocket, tap your store name, select 'Add a new location', and re-enter your login information.
Pocket loaded the sign-in screen instead of my sales.
If you recently changed your BackOffice login/password, re-enter your credentials to continue using Pocket.
- Enter your store name, username/email, and password.
- Tap 'Sign in'.
The ShopKeep Pocket app crashed.
Follow the steps below, then relaunch the ShopKeep Pocket app to see if the problem was resolved.
- Update the ShopKeep Pocket app.
If you need help updating Pocket, visit one of the following:
- Turn your device off, then back on.
- If the issue persists, delete and reinstall the Pocket app.
If you need help deleting Pocket, visit Apple or Google support:If you need help reinstalling Pocket, visit our ShopKeep Pocket for iOS & Android article.
If you see “Error” next to the name of a location, it means the login credentials have changed for that location. This is usually the result of resetting your BackOffice password.
- Tap the location with the error.
- Enter the location's store name, username/email, and password.
- Tap 'Add a new location'.
If you see “Suspended” next to the name of a location, it means the location is behind on its billing. Access to BackOffice and ShopKeep Pocket will be restricted until you enter a credit card or update the card on file.
- Log in to BackOffice.
- Enter a credit card or update the card on file.
Visit our Manage Account article to learn how to add or update payment information.
I do not receive notifications when employees open and close shifts.
This issue occurs if you run a version of ShopKeep Pocket that does not support notifications or if there is a problem with your device settings.
- Update ShopKeep Pocket to the latest version.
Push notifications are available in ShopKeep Pocket v4.8 and above. For help updating the app, visit one of these articles:
- Adjust your device settings to allow notifications from the 'Pocket' app.
To learn how to change notification settings, visit one of these articles:
- If the problem persists, follow the steps here to ensure registers are syncing with BackOffice.