This page offers solutions for issues that you might encounter while managing customers in BackOffice.
Table of Contents
- Customer Management
You can only search the BackOffice Customer List by first/last name. Export the customer list to a spreadsheet to view all customers and their details.
1 Click Marketing.
2 Choose Export Customers.
3 Press Download.
There are a few errors you might see: “CSV file contains invalid characters,” “Imported file is invalid,” “Imported file content type is invalid,” and “CSV file must include both a header and a record.”
Open the import spreadsheet and:
- Check that you saved it as a .CSV file.
- Eliminate any nonstandard characters that may cause problems.
- Ensure the spreadsheet contains more than just a header row.
- Try to import the file again.
You cannot delete or change the Customer Record ID column on the spreadsheet you are using to bulk modify/delete customers. Modifying/deleting the Customer Record ID column causes this error.
1 Click Download errors (CSV).
2 Open the file when finished downloading.
3 Look at the first column (Errors) to see what went wrong.
“Either first name, last name, or email address must be present” – Customers must have at least one of these. This error also appears for blank rows left in the spreadsheet.
- “Email is invalid” – The email entered is in the wrong format. Check that its not missing the @ or the .com/.org/etc. Emails should look like this: firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Sales tax number can’t be blank” – If you entered ‘Yes’ in the Tax Exempt column, you must enter the customer’s tax number in the following column.
- “No customer associated with this ID” – This happens when Bulk Management can’t find a customer associated with that Customer Record ID. See above.
4 Fix the errors and try the import again.