PAX S80 Credit Card Terminal Setup
The PAX S80 Credit Card Terminal is a high performance card reader that processes swiped, EMV, and NFC transactions. Quickly and securely set up the S80 via ethernet or phone line.
IMPORTANT: This ShopKeep Payments device is an external device and does not integrate with ShopKeep. This device is only available to ShopKeep Payments merchants.
Table of Contents
In the Box
The PAX S80 terminal ships with a power supply, phone line cable, and roll of thermal paper.
Set Up the Terminal
This credit card terminal needs an ethernet or phone line connection to be able to communicate with the processor and run transactions. Set it up in several easy steps.
*Ethernet cable must be purchased separately.
- On the back of the terminal, plug an ethernet cable into the 'LAN/RS232B' port OR plug the phone line cable into the 'LINE' port.
An ethernet connection is recommended for faster transaction speed.
- Plug the power cable into the 'POWER' port.
- Plug the ethernet cable into a numbered port on the router OR connect the telephone cable to a wall jack.
The telephone cable must be connected to an analog jack for a line not shared with other devices.
- Plug the power adapter into an outlet.
- On the front, press the green release button to open the cover, insert the receipt paper with the end feeding up from the bottom, and close the lid.
For replacement receipt paper, visit the ShopKeep store.
- Press and hold the power button to turn on the terminal.
Allow the terminal up to ten minutes to fully boot up.
- The terminal is ready to process a transaction when it displays the 'Input Amount' screen.