Offline Credit Payments for Clover Devices
Set up offline credit payments to run credit card transactions on Clover devices in cases of brief internet connection loss.
Table of Contents
Offline Payments Basics
Read the important information below to understand offline payments before setting up.
Enable Offline Payments
Configure offline payment settings in BackOffice and on all Clover devices used at your business.
Turn on offline payments in a few easy steps from BackOffice.
- Disable the ‘Tip and signature on paper receipt’ gratuity setting.
This setting is not compatible with offline payments.
- Click 'Settings', then 'General' from the menu.
- Read the details about offline payments. Check the boxes to enable.
- Click 'Save'.
- Tap 'Get Updates' on the register.
- Follow the steps below to configure offline payments on the Clover device.
Clover Device Configuration
Now that the BackOffice settings are enabled, make sure that the offline payment settings are set on the Clover device.
If you are using more than one Clover device, these settings must be applied on each device.
- Tap 'Setup' on the home screen of the Clover device.
- Tap 'Payments' and scroll down to tap 'Offline payments'.
- Tap 'Allow offline payments on demand'.
- Customize limitations for accepting offline payments.
Mitigate risk by making the settings of the transaction amount and the accepted total amount of offline payments as low as you are willing to risk not receiving.
Do not allow more than 7 consecutive days of offline payments | After 7 days without an internet connection, offline payments will no longer be accepted. This setting cannot be changed.
Limit each offline payment amount to | The maximum amount that can be accepted per offline transaction. The default is $500.00, tap the icon to edit.
Limit total offline payments to | The maximum amount of offline payments that can be accepted. The default is $5000.00, tap the icon to edit.
Require merchant approval for each offline payment over | Not available using ShopKeep.
- Tap 'Save'.
- Tap 'Continue' to confirm that you accept the risks of taking offline payments.
Your register is now ready to accept offline payments.
Offline Transaction Status
Monitor the status of payments made in offline mode from the Transactions app on the Clover device.
- Tap 'Transactions' on the home screen.