Activate & Sign In
Activate a register to load your ShopKeep store onto the iPad. After ShopKeep is activated, sign in to the register open a shift and begin ringing sales.
Watch our Download and Activate video:
Table of Contents
Activating the ShopKeep app links an iPad register to your account. There are two different ways to activate: from the ShopKeep app or from BackOffice.
Before you can activate, you must download the ShopKeep app. Visit our Introduction to the iPad article for help downloading ShopKeep from the App Store.
From the ShopKeep App
Follow along to activate your register from within the ShopKeep app.
- Open ShopKeep and tap 'Activate Your Register'.
- Enter your store name and manager code.
Store Name: Your account name with no spaces or punctuation.
Manager Code: The default manager code is 1234.
- Tap 'Activate'.
Follow along to activate your register from BackOffice on the iPad.
- On the iPad, log in to BackOffice.
- Tap 'Activate Your Register'.
- Tap 'Got it? Let’s do this'.
- Tap 'Activate Your Register' and 'Open'.
Sign In & Open Shift
After activating ShopKeep, sign in and open a shift to enable staff to start using the register.
- Enter the 4-digit manager code and tap 'Sign In'.
If you cannot sign in, visit our iPad Login/Access Troubleshooting guide for help.
- Browse the help screen and tap 'X' when done.
- Enter your starting cash amount and tap 'Open Shift'.
After the shift is opened, this amount cannot be changed.
- Press 'Transaction' to start processing sales.
Or, Sign Out to allow a different employee sign in.
If you have questions about using the register, visit our iPad Register FAQ for help.