Sign Up to Sign In
Welcome to ShopKeep!
This article covers the initial steps of signing up for a new ShopKeep account and logging in to BackOffice to get started setting up. Try out ShopKeep for yourself and let us know how we can help!
Watch our setup video below:
Table of Contents
Sign Up for ShopKeep
Just like ShopKeep itself, sign up is simple. Take a look below at how to create a new account from the iOS ShopKeep Register app, from the ShopKeep Pocket app, or from our website.
From the iOS ShopKeep Register App
From the iOS ShopKeep Register app, follow the steps below to create a new ShopKeep account.
- Visit the App Store on your iPad and search for 'ShopKeep'.
- Select ‘ShopKeep Point of Sale’.
- Tap 'Get', then 'Install' to begin downloading.
- Once downloaded, tap 'Open' to launch the ShopKeep app.
- Tap ‘Get Started Now’ to create a new account.
- Choose a store name and enter your email and a password, then tap 'Get My Free Account’.
- Follow the prompts to add an item and ring up a sale.
A shift will automatically be opened for $0.00. To maintain accurate reporting, be sure to open and close shifts each business day.
From the ShopKeep Pocket App
From the ShopKeep Pocket app, follow the steps below to create a new ShopKeep account.
- Download the ShopKeep Pocket app on an iOS or Android device.
- Open the ShopKeep Pocket app.
- Tap ‘Create Free Account’.
- Choose a store name and enter your email and a password, then tap 'Create Free Account’.
- Swipe through the screens to learn about ShopKeep, then tap ‘Get Started’ to access ShopKeep Pocket.
- Sign in into BackOffice to begin setting up your store.
From the Web
From any web browser, follow the steps below to create a new ShopKeep account.
- Visit ShopKeep.com.
- Click 'Get Started'.
- Answer some questions about your business and proceed through the prompts.
Once you complete the form, a representative from ShopKeep will be in touch to help you complete signup for your account.
Take a look at our Account FAQ if you have any questions!
Log In to BackOffice
Once you have an account, log in to BackOffice to add inventory, set up permissions and settings, and manage your store.
- Visit ShopKeepApp.com from a supported device and web browser.
Bookmark this page in your browser so it is easier to find later.
- Enter your BackOffice login information.
- Click 'Log in' to enter BackOffice.
Can’t log into BackOffice? Visit our Login & Access Troubleshooting guide for help.
Visit our BackOffice Settings and Password article to learn how to change your login or password.
BackOffice is your one-stop resource for store management. Learn below about the different BackOffice elements you will see after logging in.
The Dashboard is the BackOffice homepage that provides a one-stop overview of all register activity. Learn more about the Dashboard here.
The top banner displays your store name and convenient links for getting help.
Use this button to toggle the left side navigation menu between full and minimized views.
Name of the ShopKeep store as updated from receipt settings.
View articles and videos on our support site or learn how to reach out to Customer Care.
Hardware & Supplies
Go directly to our online store to purchase supported hardware.
The user currently logged into BackOffice. Click to send us feedback, refer a friend to ShopKeep, or log out.
Side Navigation Bar
The side navigation bar is the primary means of moving through the different areas of BackOffice.
Where to find reports of transactions, sales, register activity, inventory, and exports.
Where to view the Item List and manage all inventory.
The Item List can also be accessed from the ShopKeep Register app.
Where to add or edit employees, set up BackOffice users, view Time Clock information, and run the Labor Tracking Report.
Where to view the Customer List, manage customers, and export customers from BackOffice.
Where to see an overview of customer engagement and set up features such as Online Ordering and ShopKeep Spotlight.
Where to manage third-party services, such as QuickBooks, that integrate with your ShopKeep account.
Where to update billing information, customize receipts, set up tax rates, and manage other aspects of your ShopKeep account.
Receipt and tip settings can also be accessed by the Business Owner from the ShopKeep Register app. This feature is available for ShopKeep accounts created on or after July 23, 2019.
Tax rates can be assigned to individual items by employees with the relevant BackOffice permissions when managing items on the ShopKeep Register app.