Manager Training Index
From opening a shift to ending the day, everything for managers to get started is here in one convenient place. In addition, managers can also perform cashier functions.
Please note that ShopKeep does not offer an in-app training mode. This index is your complete guide to learning about manager functions on the register.
Watch our Manager Training video below:
Table of Contents
Start Your Day
- Start your day by clocking in and opening the shift so cashiers can ring up sales.
- Get acquainted with the iPad.
- Start using the ShopKeep register.
- Learn about the Control Panel.
- Set up a Bluetooth / Ethernet card reader or an iDynamo.
- Connect an Ethernet or Bluetooth receipt printer.
- Set up and use a Ticket Printer.
- Run Employee Shift Reports.
- Learn about X and Z Reports.
- Open the cash drawer with a No Sale.
- Add/remove money from the till with Pay Ins and Payouts.
- Pay out Gratuity to employees.
- Get Updates to sync the register with BackOffice.
- Learn to read the Diagnostics Screen.
- See which registers are connected on the Register List.
- Connect a Bluetooth Barcode Scanner.
- Depending on your settings, manager approval may be needed to apply Discounts.
- Manager approval is required by default to void Open Checks.
- Customize the ShopKeep register app from your iPad’s Settings.
End Your Day
- End your day by printing a shift report, closing the shift, and clocking out.
- If you have questions about using the register, check our Register FAQ page.
- Visit one of our troubleshooting guides for help solving common register issues.