Manager Training Index
From opening a shift to ending the day, everything for managers to get started is here in one convenient place. In addition, managers can also perform cashier functions.
Please note that ShopKeep does not offer an in-app training mode. This index is your complete guide to learning about manager functions on the register.
Watch our Manager Training video below:
Table of Contents
Start Your Day
- Start your day by clocking in and opening the shift, so cashiers can ring up sales.
- Get acquainted with the iPad.
- Start using the ShopKeep register.
- Learn about the Control Panel.
- Set up a Bluetooth / Ethernet card reader or plug in an iDynamo.
- Connect an Ethernet or Bluetooth receipt printer.
- Set up and use a Ticket Printer.
- Run Employee Shift Reports.
- Learn about the Z and X Reports.
- Open the cash drawer with a No Sale.
- Add or remove money from the till with Pay Ins and Payouts.
- Pay out Gratuity to employees.
- Get Updates whenever you make changes in BackOffice.
- Read and understand the Diagnostics Screen.
- See which registers are connected on the Register List.
- Connect a Bluetooth Barcode Scanner.
- Enable manager verification for Discounts.
- Manager approval is required by default to void Open Checks.
- Customize the ShopKeep app from your iPad’s Settings.
End Your Day
- End your day by printing the shift report, closing the shift, and clocking out.
- If you have questions about using the register, check out our Register FAQ page.
- Visit one of our ShopKeep App Troubleshooting guides for help solving common manager issues.