Manager Training Index
From opening a register shift to ending the day, everything for managers to get started is here in one convenient place. In addition, managers can also perform cashier functions.
Please note that ShopKeep does not offer an in-app training mode. This index is your complete guide to learning about manager functions on the register. For additional manager settings in BackOffice, check out our BackOffice Settings & Password article to see what’s available.
Table of Contents
Start Your Day
- Start your day by clocking in and opening a register shift so cashiers can ring up sales.
- Get acquainted with the iPad.
- Learn about the Transactions section of the Main Menu.
- Learn about the Cash Management section of the Main Menu.
- Learn about the Setup section of the Main Menu.
- Create and manage inventory items from the Item List (employees with BackOffice permissions only).
- Set up and edit Item Shortcuts to create onscreen buttons for quickly ringing up items (employees with BackOffice permissions only).
- Set up a Credit Card Reader.
- Connect an Ethernet or Bluetooth receipt printer.
- Set up a Ticket Printer.
- Manage receipt and tip settings (Business Owner only).
This feature is only available to the Business Owner of ShopKeep accounts created on or after July 23, 2019.
- Pause and reactivate Online Ordering (select pricing packages only).
- Get Updates from BackOffice to sync the register with BackOffice.
- Learn about the Support section of the Main Menu.
- Connect a Bluetooth Barcode Scanner.
- Customize the ShopKeep register app from your iPad’s Settings.
End Your Day
- End your day by printing a register shift report, closing the register shift, and clocking out.
- If you have questions about using the register, view all of our Register articles or check our Register FAQ.
- Visit one of our troubleshooting guides for help solving common register issues.