PAX S80 Credit Card Terminal Setup
The PAX S80 credit card terminal allows you to process payments over an analog telephone line or an ethernet (LAN) connection. Set up this device to begin accepting swiped credit cards, EMV chip cards, and contactless payments such as Apple Pay.
IMPORTANT: This ShopKeep Payments terminal is an external device and does not integrate with ShopKeep. This device is only available to ShopKeep Payments merchants.
Table of Contents
In the Box
The PAX S80 terminal ships with a power supply, telephone line cable, and roll of thermal paper.
Connect the Terminal
Before anything else, connect the S80 via phone line or ethernet (LAN) cable and plug it into power. This terminal needs a network connection to be able to communicate with the processor and run transactions.
*Ethernet cable must be purchased separately.
- On the back of the S80, plug an ethernet cable into the 'LAN' port OR the phone cable into the 'LINE' port.
An ethernet connection is recommended for faster transaction speeds.
- Plug the other end of the ethernet cable into an open numbered port on the router.
If using the telephone line, connect the other end of that cable to an analog wall jack not shared with other devices.
- Plug the power cable into the 'POWER' port.
- Plug the power adapter into a power outlet.
- Follow the steps in the next section to load the paper.
Load the Paper
Load a roll of paper into the terminal so you can print customer signature receipts for transactions. The S80 comes with one starter roll of thermal credit card terminal paper.
- Press the green release button to open the printer cover.
- Drop the paper into the tray with the leading edge feeding down from the bottom of the roll.
- Close the cover on the paper.
- Press and hold the power button to turn on the terminal.
The S80 is ready to process transactions when it displays ‘Input Amount’.
With setup complete, visit one of these resources to learn how to use the S80 or if you need support: