PAX S80 Credit Card Terminal Setup
The PAX S80 Credit Card Terminal is a high-performance card reader that processes swiped, EMV, and NFC transactions. Quickly and securely set up the S80 via ethernet or phone line.
IMPORTANT: This ShopKeep Payments terminal is an external device and does not integrate with ShopKeep. This device is only available to ShopKeep Payments merchants.
Table of Contents
In the Box
The PAX S80 ships with a power supply, phone line cable, and roll of thermal paper.
Connect the Terminal
This credit card terminal needs an ethernet or phone line connection to communicate with the processor and run transactions. Make the necessary connections before anything else.
*Ethernet cable must be purchased separately.
- On the back of the S80, plug an ethernet cable into the 'LAN' port OR the phone cable into the 'LINE' port.
An ethernet connection is recommended for faster transaction speeds.
- Connect the other end of the ethernet cable to a numbered port on the router.
If using the telephone line, connect the other end of that cable to an analog wall jack that is not shared with other devices.
- Plug the power cable into the 'POWER' port.
- Plug the power adapter into an outlet.
- Continue to the next section and load the paper.
Load the Paper
The S80 uses thermal credit card terminal paper to print customer signature slips for transactions.
- Press the green release button to open the paper cover.
- Drop the paper into the printer tray with the end of the roll feeding up from the bottom.
- With the end of the paper sticking out, close the cover on the paper.
- Press and hold the power button to turn on the terminal.
The S80 is ready to process a transaction when it displays the ‘Input Amount’ screen.
The PAX S80 is now set up and ready to run transactions. Visit our Using the PAX S80 article for help running sales, voids, returns, and settling batches. Download and review the PAX S80 User Manual to learn even more about voids, returns, batches, closing and adjusting tips etc.