Learn how to protect your registers from unauthorized use with Auto Signout. This feature automatically signs users out of the register after every transaction or after a set amount of time.
Table of Contents
Transaction Auto Signout
Turn on transaction auto signout to sign employees out of the register after every transaction. When enabled, this applies to all of your store’s registers.
- In BackOffice, click 'Settings' and select 'General'.
- Under 'Auto Signout', check the 'Enable' box.
- Click 'Save'.
- Sign into the ShopKeep app as a manager, open the Control Panel and tap 'Get Updates'.
If you receive an error while getting updates, visit our troubleshooting guide for help.
- If you have multiple registers, repeat step 4 on each additional iPad.
Timed Auto Signout
Turn on timed auto signout to sign employees out of the register after they are idle for a period of time. This feature can be enabled independently for each register.
Note: This feature is only available on the ShopKeep Register for iOS.
- On your iPad, open the Settings app.
- Scroll down the menu on the left side and tap 'ShopKeep'.
- Toggle on 'Auto Sign Out User'.
- Tap 'Auto Sign Out After' and choose how long employees must be idle before they are signed out.
Visit the iPad Settings for ShopKeep article to learn about the other settings in this section.
- If you have multiple registers, repeat steps 1 - 5 on each additional iPad.
Timed auto signout takes effect the next time an employee signs into the register.