First Data FD130 Credit Card Terminal Setup
The touchscreen FD130 credit card terminal allows credit card processing over a telephone line or ethernet connection. Learn how to set up this terminal to begin accepting swiped cards, EMV chip cards, and contactless payments like Apple Pay.
IMPORTANT: This ShopKeep Payments device is an external device and does not integrate with ShopKeep. This device is only available to ShopKeep Payments merchants.
Table of Contents
In the Box
The First Data FD130 Credit Card Terminal ships with all of the parts listed below.
Connect the Terminal
Before anything else, connect the FD130 via phone line or ethernet and plug it into power. The credit card terminal needs a connection to be able to communicate with the processor and run transactions. *Ethernet cable must be purchased separately.
Need additional help setting up the terminal? Contact First Data Support here.
- Remove the cover from the bottom of the terminal.
- Plug an ethernet cable into the yellow port OR the phone cable into the blue port.
An ethernet connection is recommended for faster transaction speeds.
- Plug the other end of the ethernet cable into a numbered port on the router.
If using the telephone line, connect the other end of that cable to an analog telephone wall jack that is not shared with other devices.
- (Optional) Connect an FD35 PIN pad to the terminal.
- Connect the two parts of the power cable.
- Plug the power cable into the power adapter port and replace the back cover.
- Lift the hatch to open the paper tray.
- Drop the paper into the printer tray with the end feeding down from the bottom of the roll.
The FD130 uses thermal receipt paper to print text with heat instead of ink.
- With the end of the paper sticking out, close the lid on the paper.
- Plug the power cable into a power outlet to turn on the terminal.
The terminal takes about 1 minute to boot up. It is ready to process cards when it displays the ‘Swipe or Insert Card’ screen.
With setup complete, visit one of these resources to learn how to use the FD130 or if you need support:
Privacy Guard Installation
Attach the optional privacy guard included with the terminal to shield customers as they enter their PIN.
- Align the notches on the guard with the bottom of the terminal.
- Press down on the top of the guard to snap it into place.
FD35 PIN Pad Installation
The optional FD35 PIN pad (sold separately) is a customer-facing device that pairs with the FD130 terminal allowing customers to quickly swipe/tap/insert their card or enter a PIN.
IMPORTANT: The FD130 terminal must be unplugged from power before connecting or disconnecting the PIN pad. Failure to do so will damage the PIN pad.
Need additional help setting up the PIN pad? Contact First Data support here.
- Remove the FD130's back cover and unplug the power cable.
- Connect the PIN pad cable to a black USB port on the terminal.
- Reconnect the FD130's power cable and replace the back cover.
The PIN pad turns on automatically. It displays Ready for Sale or Insert or Swipe Card when ready to use.