Opening & Closing
Open and close shifts to maintain accurate reporting and make it easy to balance your cash drawer each day.
Only Managers can open and close shifts. Make sure you are set up as a Register Manager in BackOffice. Check out our Troubleshooting Guide for some solutions if you’re still having issues opening and closing shifts.
Table of Contents
Open a Shift
One of the first steps to starting your day is to open a shift. The shift must be open before cashiers can run any transactions.
- Open ShopKeep.
- Enter your 4-digit manager code and tap 'Sign In'.
- Select 'Open Shift' on the Control Panel.
Each register can only have one shift open at a time, but multiple shifts can be opened each day.
- Enter the opening cash amount and tap 'Open Shift'.
This is the amount in the cash drawer before making any sales.
Close a Shift
When your business closes, close the shift in ShopKeep to end your day. After the shift is closed, cashiers cannot run more transactions.
- Sign in as a Manager and tap the menu button.
- Tap 'Close Shift'.
- Enter the total cash left in the drawer and tap 'Close Shift'.
- (optional) Print a Z Report.
Print the Z report to a receipt printer for all employees or tap ‘All Employees’ to select a specific employee.
- Tap 'Sign Out' to return to the sign in screen.
Do you have more questions? Check out our FAQ!