This feature is only available for ShopKeep merchants on select pricing packages.
Sales by Tender Report
Use the Sales by Tender report to view sales by the different tenders you accept at the register. See which tender types (cash, credit, or any others you have enabled) and credit card brands are used most often in order to better understand how customers pay.
Visit the Tender Settings article to learn how to set active tenders & use different tenders at the register.
Table of Contents
Run the Report
From BackOffice, run the Sales by Tender report for an overview of tenders used during a specific time period.
- Click 'Reports' and select 'Tenders'.
- Click the date icon to choose a preset or custom range, then click 'Retrieve'.
Read the Report
Learn to read the Sales by Tender report to understand the mix of tenders used at the register.
The charts show your top tenders by Sales Count and Sales Amount as percentages for the selected date range.
- Hover over or tap on a bar to see the sales count or amount and percent of total for that tender.
The Table View provides more specific details about each tender used during the selected date range.
Name | Type of tender used at the register. Learn about each available type of tender here. ShopKeep eCommerce orders paid online and processed at the register and supported orders marked ‘Paid’ in the eCommerce Dashboard will appear in reporting as being paid with the ‘eCommerce’ tender (if enabled in BackOffice) or the ‘Other’ tender (if ‘eCommerce’ is not enabled). When invoice reporting is enabled, paid invoices will appear in reporting as being paid with ‘Other’.
Sales Count | Number of sale transactions where the tender was used.
Sales Amount | Total amount of sales revenue received from the tender.
Returns Count | Number of return transactions where the tender was used.
Returns Amount | Total amount of revenue returned using the tender.
Net Tendered | The Sales Amount minus the Returns Amount.
- Click any header with arrows to sort the table ascending. Click again to sort descending.
- Click the 'Credit' row to view the types of credit cards processed.
Filter the Report
Filter the report by tender to hide tenders you don’t want to see or to display only specific tenders. Filter by column to customize which table columns appear on the report.
- Click 'Filter'.
- To hide a tender, uncheck the box.
- To hide a table column, click 'Show/Hide Columns' and uncheck each box.
Export the Report
Download a copy of your Sales by Tender report to analyze and filter the data using spreadsheet software.
- On the Table View, click 'Export'.
- Wait for the export to be generated. Check the box to be notified by email when exports are ready for download (optional).
Exports ready in a few seconds will automatically download to your computer. Click ‘Close’ to close the message box.
Exports that take more than a few seconds to generate are downloadable via the Export Center when ready. Click ‘OK’ to close the message box.
- After downloading, the export is ready to open in any spreadsheet software.
Print the Report
Use the Print feature to generate the report in a printer-friendly format that can be printed or saved.
- Click 'Print'.
- Wait for the report to open in a new browser tab.
- Click 'File' on the web browser’s menu and select 'Print'.
You can also choose to save the print view as a PDF for easy sharing.