Tenders are the payment methods customers use such as cash, credit, deposit, or gift card. Manage tender settings to accept a variety of payment types at the register in addition to the default options.
Table of Contents
Regular vs. Redeemable Tenders
Regular tenders cover most common payment methods, while redeemable tenders are used for liabilities customers must purchase before using. Learn below about the tenders included in each group.
These tenders are used for reporting purposes only and do not represent integrations with ShopKeep. Payment must be processed separately outside of the register for most tenders.
Regular tenders are standard payment methods like checks or mobile payments.
Redeemable tenders are for liabilities like gift certificates, gift cards, or deposits and must be set up with a liability item used for issuing the liability to customers.
Set Active Tenders
In BackOffice, select regular and redeemable tenders to enable them for use at the register.
- Click 'Settings' and select 'Tenders'.
- To enable a tender, check the box next to it.
To disable a tender, uncheck the box.
- At the register, tap 'Get Updates' on the Control Panel.
If you receive an error while getting updates, visit our Troubleshooting Guide for help.
Use Tenders at the Register
Select a tender to complete a sale at the register and properly record the payment method in sales reporting.
- Ring up a sale.
Visit our Running Sales at the Register article for more information.
- Tap 'More...' and select a tender.
To split payment between multiple tenders, select ‘Split Tender‘.
- Or choose a default tender: Cash / Credit.
- Don’t see your tender on the register? Visit our Troubleshooting Guide for help.
- Select a receipt option and tap ‘Done’ or tap 'No Receipt'.
- (Optional) Process the sale's payment through an external terminal or app.
This is required for: eCommerce, External Amex, External Credit, External Debit, External EBT, External V/MC/Dsc, and Mobile Payment.
Track the total amount of revenue coming in from each tender using the Analytics Dashboard in BackOffice.
- Click 'Reports' and select 'Dashboard'.
- Select a date range.
- Click 'Summary View'.
- View the report in a new tab.
The Summary View shows the total amount received from each tender.
To view the tenders used for individual transactions, use the Transactions Table. Visit the Transactions Table support article to learn more.