The Export Center manages your exports so you’re not stuck waiting on one page for a report to generate. If you misplace an export from the past 7 days, just visit the Export Center to quickly re-download it.
Table of Contents
Export a Report
All previously run exports are stored in the Export Center for convenient downloading. Follow the steps below to load a report and export it from BackOffice.
- Click 'Reports' and select a report.
- Click the Date icon to choose a preset or custom range, then click 'Retrieve'.
- Select an export option.
- Wait for the export to be generated. Check the box to be notified by email when exports are ready for download (optional).
Exports ready in a few seconds will automatically download to your computer. Click ‘Close’ to close the message box.
Exports that take more than a few seconds to generate are downloadable via the Export Center when ready. Click ‘OK’ to close the message box.
Download from the Export Center
Visit the Export Center to download any export generated over the past 7 days or to retry failed exports.
- Click 'Reports' and select 'Export Center'.
- (Optional) Click any header with arrows to sort the table ascending. Click again to sort descending.
- When the export's status is 'Ready', click 'Download' to download it.
If an export’s status is ‘Failed’, click the icon next to it to try generating it again.
- After the download finishes, open the export in any spreadsheet software.
For a full explanation of a report’s content, visit that individual report’s support article. Visit our BackOffice support page for a list of all reporting articles.
Continue below for answers to some common questions about BackOffice exports and the Export Center.
Which reports does the Export Center support?
The Export Center supports all of the following reports: Transactions, Sales by Item, Modifiers and Variants, Sales by Category, Sales by Supplier, Sales by Employee, Sales by Customer, Sales by Discount, Sales by Tender, Sales by Tax Group, Pay ins and Payouts, Void Report, and Stock Items Export.
Which reports does the Export Center not support?
Are there any reports that cannot be exported from BackOffice?
How long are exports stored in the Export Center?
Exports are stored for 7 days after initially exported and can be redownloaded from the Export Center during that time.
Can I export inventory by department, category, or supplier?
Yes. Follow the steps to export your stock items, then sort the export spreadsheet.