DYMO LabelWriter Setup
The DYMO LabelWriter 450 Label Printer makes it easy to print barcode labels for your items so they can be scanned at the register. Connect the printer to a computer and load a roll of blank labels to set it up.
The DYMO printer must be connected to a desktop or laptop computer running Windows or macOS, it cannot be connected to an iPad. After setup, additional steps are required to install the DYMO drivers.
Watch our setup video below:
Table of Contents
In the Box
The DYMO LabelWriter 450 Label Printer ships with the parts listed below.
Connect the Printer
Complete the basic steps of connecting the printer to a computer and to power. After connecting the printer, labels can be loaded into the device.
If you already set up the printer but are having trouble, visit our troubleshooting guide for help.
- Place the printer near a desktop or laptop computer running Windows or macOS.
- Connect the included USB cable to the back of the printer, then plug the other end into the computer.
- Plug the power cable into the power adapter.
- Connect the power adapter to the printer, then plug the other end into a power outlet.
- Follow the steps below to load labels into the printer.
Load DYMO Labels
Load a roll of labels into the printer so you can print with the DYMO LabelWriter.
The printer comes with address labels which are not compatible with ShopKeep Label Printing. Order ShopKeep-compatible DYMO labels here.
- Lift open the top of the printer and remove the spool.
- Pull the spool apart to separate it into two pieces.
- Load labels onto the spool, then push the two halves of the spool back together.
Do not leave any space between the labels and the sides of the spool.
- Load the spool into the printer's lid, as far left as possible.
- Align the labels with the left side of the printer and feed them through the slot.
Labels must feed from the bottom of the roll as shown below.
- Move the label guide against the labels.
- Close the lid and wait for the printer's light to turn solid blue.
If the light remains blinking, visit our troubleshooting guide for help.
- To begin printing, follow the steps here to install the DYMO drivers and use ShopKeep Label Printing.