DYMO LabelWriter Setup
Barcode labels make it easy for you to ring up items at the register with a scanner. Follow along to get your DYMO LabelWriter 450 connected and printing barcode labels for your inventory items.
Check out our video below on setting up your DYMO LabelWriter.
Table of Contents
In the Box
Connect Your Printer
Use the included cables to connect the printer to a computer & power outlet. Once complete, visit our best practices guide to learn how to care for the printer.
- Put your printer near a Mac or Windows computer.
- Connect the A-Type USB cable from the printer to your computer.
- Plug the printer's power cord into any available power outlet.
Your DYMO Printer will power on with a blinking blue light on the front, ready for label loading.
Load DYMO Labels
The DYMO comes with address size starter labels, so you’ll need to pick up ShopKeep compatible DYMO Barcode Labels from our store to get started.
- Open the top of the printer and remove the spool.
- Separate the spool and load labels face down on the roll.
- Feed the labels into the front of the printer. As far left as possible.
The printer will take and align the labels and the front blue light will turn solid. You’re now ready to print.
Do you have more questions? Check out our Dymo LabelWriter FAQ!
If you run into issues along the way, visit our Troubleshooting Guide.