DYMO LabelWriter Setup
Barcode labels make it easy for you to ring up items at the register with a scanner. Follow along to connect your DYMO LabelWriter 450 Label Printer to a computer and load a roll of labels.
The DYMO printer must be connected to a desktop or laptop computer running Windows or macOS, it cannot be connected to an iPad. After setup, additional steps are required to install the DYMO drivers.
Watch our DYMO Printer Setup video below:
Table of Contents
In the Box
The DYMO LabelWriter label printer ships with all of the parts listed below.
Connect Your Printer
Use the included cables to connect the printer to a computer & power outlet. If you have already set up your printer but are having trouble, check out our troubleshooting guide for assistance.
- Place your printer near a Windows or Mac desktop/laptop computer.
- Connect the USB cable to the back of the printer and plug the other end into your computer.
- Connect the power cable to the printer and plug the other end into a power outlet.
- Follow the steps below to load labels into the printer.
Load DYMO Labels
The DYMO comes with address size starter labels, so you’ll need to pick up ShopKeep compatible DYMO Barcode Labels from our store to get started.
- Open the top of the printer and remove the spool.
- Pull the spool apart to separate it into two pieces.
- Load labels onto the spool and push the two halves of the spool back together.
- Load the spool into the printer's lid, as far left as possible.
- Feed the labels through the front of the printer.
Labels must feed from the bottom of the roll as shown below.
- Close the lid and wait for the printer's light to turn solid blue.
- Visit this support article to learn how to install the DYMO software drivers and print labels.